Thursday, December 10, 2009

*waves hi to Brenda*

My ankle isn't all better. It still hurts and is swollen. I have to work Friday and Saturday night. My phone rang three times for me to work today.

I'm a little bit irritated. First call was the girl i blogged about the other day. Fortunatly my drive wasnt plowed out when she called because her pipes were frozen. Seriously?? We just had a blizzard come through, your in your like 40 something, you have lived in a trailer before, and your telling me that your pipes are frozen? HELLO everyone knows you have to leave EVERY faucet running or else those bitches will freeze. If you didn't take care of business, that is soo not my problem.

Then I was talking to Brig and there was a message. Called and E from work can't make it tonight because she didn't get plowed out. Well I may have fibbed a bit and said I was still snowed in too. Well truthfully my ankle is my issue. It, however, isn't something that concerns anyone.

Then my girl K calls me. She was going to come help shovel so she didn't have to work a double. I was like K my ankle is jacked up. I was outside shoveling and it popped again. I have to work Friday and Saturday. I need to stay off it tonight so i can work MY SCHEDULED shift. So then the boss starts sending out a mass text. Trying to find someone to work the shift and to text him back. I texted him and was like look man my ankle is jacked i have to work my shifts this weekend im not working tonight. Some where along the texting highway something screwed up. He sent me a text back asking if i had my shifts covered. I was wtf? He thought i wasn't coming in. I texted him back and explained again. Sorry i hurt my shit, but im staying off it tonight so i can work what im scheduled. if it still hurts tomorrow, im still there, ill tough it out because IM SCHEDULED to be there. DUH!

I blame the damned snow! If it could have just stayed away for a bit longer lol. The biggest downer of them all? This was only the first snow of the year!

Heres to everyone getting plowed out, im sick of people wanting me to cover a shift lol

2 comments:

  1. *waves back... yep, you're in the midst of cabin fever. The last time I was that bad, I got out and shoveled all around my car, just in case they cleared the roads. I didn't need to go anywhere, I just wanted to know I'd be able to!! Stay off that ankle, wrap it if you can (during the day) and take some ibuprofen! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm going to have to go back and find out what you did to your ankle. Next time, just send me a text. I got your one about watching Top Chef...but I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know who won. Gotta love DVR but you have to be careful about what websites you visit.

    Hope your ankle feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete