It was a lovely night at work! It started with a phone call asking if i was running late. Um no, its only 4. Yeaaa i was scheduled at 4 and I wrote down 5! Not good!
Then the girl who got off at 4 and I both thought the other was pissed. She figured out before I got there that I was irritated with Mae. When I realized I was late I hopped up and grabbed my shoes. Well Mae decided that this would be the best time to throw herself at me and my legs. Seriously, not a good thing. So I grouched at Mae while throwing our gear together.
Got to work and was like I am soo sorry! Here look at my schedule that I wrote down. I really thought I was in at 5. The girl wasn't mad at me, she just thought i was irritated and she was the one who should be irritated. You know how it is.
Then the person I worked with tonight, we had an issue. The issue was not mine! I was as accomodating as I could be. I wasn't upset, and I tried to explain it to her like she was 3, but I don't think she got it til we were at our cars.
I finally told her You're not used to people accomodating you and it not being an issue are you? She said no she wasn't.
Here's the deal at work. We have to clean the lobby, bathrooms, break down a hot and cold table, wrap meat, and clean a slicer. That includes sweeping, mopping, changing and taking out the garbages. Even a round with the vaccum cleaner.
Well the woman I worked with tonight is one of the women at work that they always have an issue with. She's the one who the first day I worked with her introduced herself as the bitch. Well tonight she felt like, and I'm assuming it's also from the last night she worked, she was doing all the hard labor.
I swept the bathrooms, half of the lobby, filled condiments, cleaned the sneezeguard, cleaned the reach in, started the dishes, broke down the cold table, cleaned the cold table, put the table back together, put the toppings away, tore the slicer down, washed the slicer, swept our work area twice, mopped the work area, wiped out the bottom of the reach in, wrapped the meat, cleaned the microwave,locked the walk in, turned off lights, and ordered the bread.
She squirted cleaner in the toilets, ran the vaccum over 3 black rugs, swept half the lobby, mopped the lobby, tore some paper and changed that, wiped down the tables, changed and took out the garbage, wiped down the garbage can lids, and then came over and took over the dishes from me, broke down the hot table, put hot food in the reach in, cleaned the slicer, counted money, and turned off a light.
I don't know about you, BUT that seems like a pretty equal division of the labor. It is not my fault that whoever she worked with before had her do all of it, or whatever she feels she did. The problem is that she likes to do it HER way. Deviating from her routine really puts her off and puts her in a crabby mood.
I have no problem doing it the way she wants to do it. The way she wants to do it is the way it was when I first started working with her. I did all the lobby and then came back to help tear apart the cold/hot tables and clean those as she did dishes. It's no big deal to me how we do it, as long as we do it and are out of there before 10:15 pm.
My telling her that we could do it that way next time really irritated her too. I was like I'm offering to do it your way. That set it off to it's not about doing it my way, blah blah blah!
Seriously...You are getting your way. Your getting your way and noone is bitching. Your getting your way and it was the easiest and simplest. She just couldn't accept it. I have no idea why. Though I know that come Thursday we will be doing it her way.
It's a real good thing that I can get along with pretty much anyone. It's also a pretty good thing that everyone who knows me knows that eventually I will say something if you take advantage of my good nature. So if I say it's no big deal, it's not a problem; that's what I mean. Trust that I know how to say No when I need to!
Here's to 3 more days of work and a hell of a paycheck!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh! Working with others is a pain! I've found it's best if there's a clear division of labor...and their part of it is FAR away from what I'm doing so there's no intermingling because, to be honest, I can't stand when someone just takes over and I'm left wondering what I'm supposed to do. It looks like you guys have a clear division of labor...but if she's not careful, someone's going to step in and make guidelines and then there will be no question. That was my experience.
ReplyDeleteI work in a sub shop, sooo there isnt much changing and the boss is happy as long as we wear our name tags and head coverings lol.
ReplyDeleteHer problem is that it wasnt done her way, the way she is comfortable with. I just go about what im doing and try to keep a smile on my face all while watching the clock for 10 oclock lol
You know...there are just some people out there that aren't ever going to be happy and don't ever WANT to be happy. They will always find something to bitch about, even if you do what they want. She sounds like one of them.
ReplyDelete*hugs to you*
You are definitly right about that!
ReplyDelete