I share all the good bad and ugly that goes on in my life. Sometimes theres a lot of bitching. Thats what its been lately, but this one is a good one. I was just sitting here and all of a sudden i was like i should share the best part of my day.
Today was screwed up. First the bajillion hours on the phone with target, and then my friend K calls me and needs to use the friend card because of her car. Working with the new girl and we got out a bit later then normal. Ok so maybe not all screwed up, but i told K today that we just seem to live our life in crisis lol. She goes we cant find any serenity lol. We try hard to laugh in the face of life because we dont have the luxury of laying down and dying lol.
Anyways...back to the the best part of my day. I dont know if i blogged this or not, but back when Mae started school the other parents didnt or wouldnt dance with their child. I didnt get this and i still dont. However as the year has gone on they are getting better. Now when you pick up your kiddo from school the last thing they do is dance to Shania's song Up. You can really boogie to it.
As im fond of telling everyone.... I have no problem looking like a fool and taking you with me. Well for adults that can kind of suck if you cant just let loose. But if your a 3 yr old....wwwwwwoooooooo buddy! They like that! They can get down with the sickness!! LOL.
Well i dance with Mae a lot at school. The only reason i wont dance is if we have to be somewhere right away. Other wise its .. "Maaaaaaaaama come dance". Well today it wasnt just Mae wanting me to come dance.
J grabbed my hand and wanted me to dance with her too. Then S came over and joined in. Then two others who i dont know there names joined. Well when i dance...I DANCE! You know the end of Footloose where KB screams Lets Daaaaaance, yea well thats me lol.
I twirl, i dip, i shake my butt, i jump, i go in a circle, i dance! I may not know any fancy dances but the kind of dancing im able to do...well noones complained lol.
So there i am ive got one who i was twirling and one who was falling lol. Then when the other kids came over we all held hands. We danced in a circle. We danced forward as a circle. We danced backwards. Then we danced in the opposite direction of the circle. We tried to do the wave. WE DANCED!!
Ohhh it was such a good moment. You know one of those moments you hope you hold on to forever. The kids were smiling and laughing and just being kids.
Its those moments that i live for. The moments when you just let go and everyone is happy shiny. Sure we may leave a bit late, maybe not make it to a friends house on time, get distracted and forget. But damn its worth it.
Heres to dancing without fear.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are wonderful moments, I'm glad you got to enjoy!!
ReplyDelete