Seriously, I can't believe I forgot to blog about what my mom did for my girl K! When we were driving in from her house I told her how I'd passed along one of Mae's old coats.
Part of the zipper was broken but the coat is warm and you can still zip it. Mom bought Mae a great coat for winter. K had been trying to save money for a coat like that for Sidney. That money had to go towards the stuff I already blogged about.
Mom just up and asked if I wanted her to buy a coat for Sidney. She has the money right now, she has a coupon, she will end up getting Kohl's cash back for the purchase, she plans on using that for a hat n gloves for Sidney last I heard, and the important one...because she's been there and it's what you do if you can. Again the whole pay it forward.
I had no idea what to say. I wanted to just be all yes yes yes, thank you! thank you! thank you! But I just didn't know how to respond. I didn't know if it was something she wanted to do or if I had said something in a way that made her feel like she had to offer and didn't really want to do it.
Also would K want my mom to do that? You know that whole pride thing we have going on. I called K and told her what my mom had said and I could hear it in her voice the same questions I had had. Also, you know that lil hitch of emotion because someone is doing something nice for you.
My mom loves K. K is the keeper of the song list. My mom has a list of songs she wants played at her funeral. Well on mom's birthday, after the kiddo had gone to her dads, we all got together to party. Mom had K writing down these songs on a napkin. K is the keeper of the music! K is a part of the clan now lol.
Tomorrow Sidney will be the proud new owner of a black coat lined with leopard print fur. I can't wait to see the coat.
As much as I complain about my mother, she really is a great woman. There have been lots of people who have tried to cut me down by saying I'm just like my mother. From where I sit, there isn't anything wrong with being my mother, and I'll take it as a compliment.
She isn't doing this for any other reason than because she wants to, she can, she's been there, and someone helped her out once upon a time. Way back in the day, when $20 could be stretched a thousand ways, a woman gave her a lil help. Mom says she doesn't remember what she used the money on, but she was greatful. Someone who didn't have to do it, chose to do it and now mom is doing it.
Heres to all those people who matter!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment