Friday, December 25, 2009

Sometimes I do the right thing. My mom, before the fight, was on me about getting the kid's dad a present from her for Christmas. You have no idea how hard I have worked to put as much distance between him and I as humanly possible. I did NOT want to get him a present. I am tired of doing the right thing where he is concerned considering the shit I have had to put up with. My mom said you can never get tired of doing the right thing. Yes you can! I reached that point.

The relationship is so bad between him and I that if I could always get someone else to drop her off and pick her up I WOULD! It truly is only a matter of minutes that we can be in the same room together. That's all on my end, I don't know how it is for him. I don't even care to know.

BUT sometimes in life you don't have any choice but to do the right thing. Yes, I bought the guy a present from Ryder. I also gave him one of those snack boxes I bought, and sent along dinner I made tonight. Yes, I know...but sometimes even I can do nice things! AND without wanting something in return lol.

I had run up to the gas station the other day and decided to look at their "gifts". I am one of those people who does NOT look down on gas station presents. I think some of it, not all and not a lot, but some of it is pretty cool. I get suckered into buying Mae the stuffed animals. If only they made them to where I didn't think they were cool lol. I digress.

As I looked at the shelves, I looked right up into the perfect present from a little girl to her daddy. There was no fighting the feeling I had when I saw this small gift. I also believe it's the small things. I would have known I had done the wrong thing if I wouldn't have bought that gift. It was that kind of pull.

All it is, is a square crystal type thing with the words I love my daddy on it. Mae really does love her daddy. I know this, the world knows this. All week long she has been coming up to me and asking to see her daddy's present. Telling me that's for her daddy. Ask her if she loves her daddy and she would/will always say; as she nods her head, I love my daddy!

I don't know if he had already gotten me a gift before I told him the change of plans and that there would be gifts or not. I don't want to know. I'm just going to go with the fact that he was nice enough and got me presents too. AND they were good presents, unlike last years zombie head that he said was a gag gift. He said it was his family's thing, ooook, I'll pass lol.

This year I scored! Made way up for the zombie head. I like zombies, but um, not enough to collect a head lol. Anyways, I know I know stay on topic! This year I got one of those cases with the soap and puffy scrubbies. I'm trying to figure out what these bath thingies are. Lucky Mae she gets to find out lol.

The bestest bestest was I got smelly things!! He gave me two candles. AND they don't smell bad. I don't know what the one called home smells like. It's a cross, to me, of a lot of different candles I've smelled before. Then the strawberry shortcake one...mmmm!

He did really great for presents this year! I really appreciate it! Yes, I'll even be good enough to tell him IN PERSON that I appreciated them and that I really did/do like them.

Here's to a Merry Christmas and for a change good surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your Christmas was good!! Kudos to the ex for doing something nice. (those are few and far between)Sometimes doing the right thing sucks, but when it's for your own child, we just do it!

    ReplyDelete