Well i found out the other day that the whole bug problem is going to be extended. Yes, i know, i hate them fuckers too! Though you just cant get away from it when you have little kids.
I guess since there will still be a chance for her to get it, now is the time to get her used to having her hair done daily. The only thing i can think of to help keep her from getting it again is to keep her hair in a ponytail.
Mae really hates her hair messed with. I dont know why, she just does. So that has made the last week horrible. Every 5 minutes ive had her in my lap and i go through her hair. Thankfully though, because im a good attentive mama, i caught it at the very begining.
Noone can get every nit out the first go round. Thats why you have to be hypervigilant and keep going through it every single day, as many times as you can. While i had hoped i had gotten it all the other day, there was a day that i wasnt able to go through it. Fortunatly when she came home, mama got at her head again.
Everytime i think ive gotten it all, i move a strand of hair and find a itty bitty nit. BUT as the days have gone by its gotten to where its almost totally out of her hair. Thankfully there werent any bugs and since ive been digging through her hair, nothing has had a chance to hatch.
Thank you to whatever higher power there is for that small favor!
Oh maybe i should mention why the hunt for bugs will continue. I got a letter in the mail the other day saying that Mae has been found eligible for HeadStart! Woooo Mae will be starting school in like August. Anyone who knows anything knows that school is the start of it all. So we will be ponytailed up!
Im sad and excited for my baby girls first day of school. Yes, i know its not real school, but it is preschool! It has school in the name so it counts! Im already trying to figure out what kind of outfit im going to buy her for school. She is going to eventually have so much fun! Shes going to learn the things that i havnt been able to. Im hoping that school will help her with her seperation anxiety.
I still dont know where that anxiety comes from. Ive never once left her and not come back for her. Ive never once denied her any attention she is seeking. I guess maybe she just feels more secure with herself when shes within mamas reach.
I may bitch alot about being a mom, but, i know that im a good mom. That feeling is something that you cant describe. I have made many choices in my life, but the choices i have made regarding Mae; I know they are the right ones. I know that when she is a teenager her and i will battle. I know that i will have the right advice and she wont listen. But i will always know that i was, am and always will be the ONE person she can totally count on. The One and only person who will always have her back. I will be the ONLY person who can honestly say ive done everything in her best interest.
How sad it will be for me when my little girl becomes a young lady and then a woman and im left behind. I just hope that by being there for her she will always want me to have a place in her life. That she will always know that her best interests are all that have ever mattered. And with luck and a lot of guidance from her family she will know that just because some people werent there for her, her family loves her and will never ever let anyone hurt her.
May all our children never know nothing but love.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey hon, i dont know if it's just a superstition, but when i was growing up, to prevent the headlice, my mom used dog shampoo with us every few days after shampooing with normal shampoo. It seemed to work, we only had bugs twice, and that was after she stopped supervising bathtime (we stopped using it when she wasnt looking and paid for it later, lol)
ReplyDeleteOh great, time to go, the baby just got a round brush stuck in her hair.
You know she will.. as kids they don't know it or understand it, as young adults, they KNOW who loved and cared for them hun. I know that every day I look at BP and I know Mae will with you. I feel that in my heart, Being a GOOD mom isn't a personality contest and NO ONE can judge you, ever parent and every child are different..
ReplyDeleteHUGS to you and Mae both