I love the internet. Im still addicted in some aspects, but it isnt ruling me like it did when i first started. The internet has changed in the ten years ive been on it.
I started out with aol and then found yahoo and my camwhorehood. That was fun, ill admit it. I had a great time on yahoo and my addiction was really bad then. With the closing of user rooms and when i went out on the road with my exhusband i kind of lost yahoo.
Then yahoo gave us 360...wooboy now that was fun. I miss 360 and the people i met. Im also glad thanks to 360 my eyes were opened beyond open, good and bad. I think that yahoo really screwed up when it closed, but im thinking maybe with all the psychos that were there that it was a good thing. Maybe thats why vietnam got to keep theirs, less psychos cuz they kill people indescriminantly sometimes in that part of the world.
Then there was myspace. God i loved myspace for a minute. Now im hardly there, i forget to go on over unless i get a blog update that i want to read. Heck thats one way i found out that high school games were still being played. I clicked a link in an acquanitences blog and let me tell you where it led me, im not real happy about. I have/had a choice to make a stink or not. Trust me, its easier to not make a stink at this point because i like the fact that the psycho sick fuck assholes arent part of my life now. Though it makes me wonder why would you keep that up? And not having it private? I guess some people just dont give a shit about other peoples kids.
And im blaming my mom for me finding that lol. The only reason i was on myspace was because she wanted me to contact a long lost cousin again. I was like mom if he doesnt want to talk to you its ok. She says its ok but she doesnt mean it. Shes obsessed with our family and thinks we should all talk i guess. I dont know but its annoying lol.
Myspace scares me a little i think lol. I find out high school drama psycho bullshit. I see it being played out and that leads me to my newest addiction: FACEBOOK.
I love my facebook. I love the games that i play on there, though im not a big fan of the applications like farmtown and such. I just dont know how to play them, and would rather play the games that are mindless. I just like to click lol. But Facebook has been a really nice change of pace. Out of all the places ive been i think Facebook is the sane one.
My face book is high school classmates, family, and my real time friends, and some crossed over from yahoo(only the sane ones lol). I know the net isnt reality but Facebook is my piece of reality in this land of chips and electrical surges.
Where yahoo gave you license to be as fucked up as your neighbor, for me Facebook is my key to getting my life back. Im not as fucked up as i could be and its nice to just be me. I fell into a world i wasnt prepared for when i got the net, now im finding a way back.
I dont know maybe im just bragging about facebook. i resisted it at first, but now im enjoying it. I guess what Facebook has taught me is the people you add are the people who help shape your day.
I prefer my day shaped with fun, love, real life and the mess that comes with it over someones psychotic rationalizations of how it should be.
Yay Facebook.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I first joined facebook I was calling it crack-book. I've caught up with neighbors from my childhood, school mates, family and friends. It is a bit addicting.
ReplyDelete