Friday, July 17, 2009

Sometimes i wish my mother hadnt taught me respect for our old people. When i say old people i mean like the great aunts, the grandmas, the granpas. You get where im going.

My mom instilled in me that you take care of them. Its what you do! You do things you dont want to do, and you do things they want. You do what you have to do to make them happy and smile...oh yea its kind of like reverse parenting.

Why am i blogging about wishing i didnt have that respect? Because Sunday at 1 after a hard night of partying with Brigitte for her birthday, we are going to show our respect!

GAWD!!! I dont know why Brigitte calls me sometimes roflmao! We talk about everything and anything. We talk, bitch, vent. Were more like sisters then friends. She does for me, I do for her. Our families have become entwined for about 2 years plus some.

She has come to my family parties, she has come to my rescue. Ive gone to her family parties, ive come to her rescue.

She has given me advice, ive given her advice. We have tried to deal with the assholes that are the sperm donors of our kids. We have dealt with health issues. We have dealt with death. We have done everything families do.

Hell maybe i should actually blame Mae for this one too lol. Brigitte said to me why do i have to be a grandparent magnet, or something similar. Thats what Mae is too lol. One day when Mae was still a daycare kid of Brigittes, her grandparents had driven down from Iowa Falls. Mae being the sweetness that she is went up to Brigittes grandpa, hugged him and told him she loved him.

That was it, it was all over! Then awhile ago out of respect for Brigitte and the old people i did something i never ever thought i would ever do! I went to a Jehovas Witness meeting.

Were catholic, even if nonpracticing, at the end of the day i believe in the Catholic Jesus. Well i had no idea what a Witness was and to be honest i still dont get it. I do know that I dont like there Jesus! He is a very unforgiving and mean one. But out of respect for my friend and her family i went to a meeting because her Grandpa was the speaker.

Well today Brigitte calls me and goes My grandpa invited me to a meeting on Sunday because hes speaking. Oh yea and he told me to invite/bring your friend Heather.

GAWD DANG IT GAWD DAMN IT!

The first thing i said is...fuck! We have to go. She about died! I told her i dont know why you tell me these things lol. She was trying to have the delusion that i would say oh no its ok we dont have to go. Though i know deep down she knew! LOL i think she may have told me because she knew i would do the right thing lol. I did lol.

So now there will be 2 hungover people at the meeting. Soooo not in with their teachings. The only reason we are going is because her grandpa is the speaker that day. Its the right thing to do. Its the respectful thing to do.

Hell at the first meeting i told her grandma that it wouldnt kill me to be there. We all need to be enlightened and try different things. But maaaaaaan i never thought that i would be invited back to a meeting! I drink, smoke, have sex and swear. If Jehova was my god i would be sooo outed!

BUT because i was taught respect, because this is important to her grandparents, because at the end of the day its the right thing to do even if its not my bag of tea, we are going. I just sometimes wish i could be the bad guy.

I just dont have it in me to help disappoint her grandparents. Hell today we are going swimming at my grandpas girlfriends living facility because she wants to see Mae and only invited us a million times.

While i dont hold a lot of respect in recent years for this woman because of the things she has talked my granpa into(driving long distances, making him tie her shoes, driving her around and around...all against everyones advice) i still have to have respect for her and my grandpa.

I have to do things that i dont want to do because its the right thing.

Respect....sometimes it would be nice to be a callous unfeeling psychopathic bitch!

1 comment:

  1. Your such a good friend..LOL
    My sister is a Witness and I don't believe in anything they teach, she has asked me 212 times to go and 212 times I have said NO..lol
    Your suchhhhhhhhhhhh a good friend and good daughter.. Your Moma raised you right..

    ReplyDelete