Change..you better roll with it~~~
Yesterdays blog or maybe this mornings, dealt with how my self worth and esteem tends to go along with my employment status. Well today that took a big huge hit!
I got up and was going to apply at Money and More. So i got cleaned up and when i got out of the bathroom i had a missed call. Figured it was my mom because the number didnt come up on my caller id.
Listen to my messages and it was Affina calling. OMG that would have been the best job. Ok so work wise i dont know but bennie wise it was the best. Like 9 bucks to start and benefits!!! Then the big SNAG. Their training classes start June 22nd and you can not miss any days during that time. It was with a sad sad heart that i turned that job down. Mae is having surgery that day. Im not putting off a surgery she has already had to wait like a month for! Mae comes first!
Called my mom and a friend and bascially pity partied myself to them. They said the same thing Mae comes first! So off i went with a heavy heart to apply for this other job. I dont want to work there but im almost desperate enough to go kill hogs! Yea pathetic i know! So im applying for this job and just going maaan, why am i even here. OH yea i need a job to survive!
I texted my other friend and was like i had to turn this job down and shes like well didnt so n so call you yet. No he hadnt and thats why i was off applying for other jobs.
Well a minute after i answered her text.....So n So called! Sorry i didnt get back to you over the weekend blah blah....Can you start today at 5? Let me call my daycare and ill call you right back!!!
So im off to work tonight! I will be the newest employee at SubCity West! Now it may not be glamorous and it may not pay a lot, and the hours ill have to fight for. The point is I AM BACK IN THE GAME! My selfesteem is back up and yes goddamn it I AM THE SHIT!
They are willing to give me the 3 days i need off right away, and unless i get fired im their newest bitch. At least until june/july 2010!
I wish i could say this was karma, but karma is something people say when they cant blame their bullshit on the right person. I got this job because i know the right people and i know how to smile big and i know what a work ethic is!
Yes, i am one of the employed again...bring on the bitching about work blogs!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on the job! Yes, your family and friends are right, Mae does come first. I'm sure you will be glad to get that surgery over and done.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Congrats on the Job..
ReplyDeleteand BTW.. on the kill floor for swine.. it pays $1.50 a HEAD... lol sooooo if in a MOOD.. it can be a GREAT paying job..LOL LOL
sick smiles..lol you know my humor..lol