Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Babies~~

This hasnt been the best year for pregnancy in my lil circle. So far i know three people who are pregnant and all three have issues that are trying for all involved.

My sister is expecting her 3rd child. She had a miscarried about 4 or 5 years ago and then had a healthy little girl. Now she has placenta previa. The doctors had hoped that her placenta would move to the right position. Unfortunately it didnt and now she has new worries. With this disorder you generally always go early and now she definitly has to have a C section. Thankfully they live where she can get good medical care. She just has to take care of herself now.

My friend's sister found out shes expecting too. Shes about 16-18 weeks along and when she went to her ultrasound they discovered that the baby most likely has down syndrome. They took her in for an amnio and are waiting the results. This pregnancy wasnt planned and sometimes i dont think she realizes what being pregnant, being a mom, and just being healthy means. My friend is doing all she can to help her sister, but sometimes i think she takes too much on herself. Ok i flat out think she takes to much on, but its family. She is doing what any of us would do because family is important.

The last pregnancy that i know the people is the absolute worst. Its the reason why im blogging, hoping that i can stop thinking about it. I dont know the people know the people, but ive met them on several occasions and they are a nice young couple. The other day they found out the amniotic fluid was either low or almost non existent. They had the ultrasound today and i was with my friend when the news came in. She is also 16-18 weeks along and it was not good news! It was the worst news a parent can get. The baby has many many cysts on his kidneys, which if he didnt have other problems he would have to have a transplant immediately. The rest of it is, he has no stomache, or not enough to become one. The rest of his organs are either not there also or are only partially there. This baby wont survive after childbirth and im assuming that the pregnancy wont make it to the end because of the treatment. They have to terminate the pregnancy! That has to be the most horrible thing ive ever heard. This couple also has struggled with miscarriages and they waited to tell the family and now this. They are struggling with the decision to have a funeral or not, i think they should, you know closure. If that wasnt enough, she has to wait a freaking week to have this procedure. I wish they would tell the family that abortion is just the medical term that is used, that they arent doing something that would normally being wrong for them.

I feel really bad for everyone in all three situations. There isnt anything i can do to help, but i will get out my good thoughts and prayers for them. Im also really greatful that my child is relatively healthy. (Remember i said that for next blog where im complaining about Mae) I just cant believe that this has to happen to good people.

Babies are supposed to be joyous and sometimes it seems like we are in the middle ages or something. I guess the only thing i can do is keep doing what ive been doing. Saying prayers and just thinking positively.

Babies.....kiss em hug em and hold em tight!

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to all of these parents. I guess I consider myself the lucky one. I didn't know anything was wrong with my Taylor until after her birth, so I didn't have to worry throughout the pregnancy.

    Yes, my daughter has an extra chromosome and that one little extra piece of something that can't be seen without special equipment really "messes" up things. Having said all of that, my daughter should not have been born, then she should not have lasted past her first year. She will turn 20 this year, so sometimes there is a Higher Power at work and we just have to trust that the right outcome will happen.

    I realize how "pollyanna" that sounds. My life with Taylor has been full of ups and downs, near deaths and miraculous recoveries...none of which I would trade for the world.

    I will keep these families in my thoughts and prayers...you too for being there for them as you can.

    *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete