Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today is Mae's graduation from her first year of headstart. They have the room across the hall all set up for our little graduates. It's at 10am and I plan on being there at 930am so I can snag two seats right in the front!

I need to have my pictures and I need to have my little video of the kiddos singing.

Today is also bitter sweet. Never back in August when she started did I think that my Grandpa wouldn't be here to see her with her cap(they did caps last year so im assuming they will today) and to sing her little song. Accept congratulations from her teachers and classmates families.

Thankfully making the day a bit better and special for Mae my dad will be coming. Thank you Dad for coming into town to see your mom. Thanks to his company for putting him on 2nd shift because now Mae will have someone other than Mommy beaming with pride at her.

Today is one of those days that you get through with heartfelt gladness and love, and a bit of profound sadness. But we will get through it and we will enjoy it.

Oh and my mother lol. It lasted all of 12 hours lol. She came into the living room and said its nasty. Funny thing is, all it needs is a vaccum, the 6 toys picked up(she made mae do it lol), and the stuff SHE left out on the table! Soo funny lol.

But she did come to tell her granddaughter how proud she was of her and congratulations.

I really wish he was here today in body, not just spirit, because he started her on her path of independence, education, and growth. May he watch over her all the days of her life!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the whole bittersweet thing. Taylor is going to walk across the stage in her cap and gown next month and graduate high school.

    I'm so not ready for her to move on. I would be perfectly happy with her spending 10 more years at this school. Those people are so good to her.

    ReplyDelete