Friday, May 7, 2010

I just got done getting DJ so he could have Mae today. I didn't realize how bad I was actually shaking until I went to pay for something.

I'm greatful we are here, it's making this a bit easier. But it's so hard. I swing from one emotion to another.

I got lucky and one of the girls from work took my shift today. I don't know about tomorrow yet. I'll probably have to go to work. Though I don't know what's going to happen. I didn't bring any clothes for work with me. There is a WalGreens across the street from my work so I'll just stop in there and try to buy a shirt. Lucky for me my work is literally about a block away.

My sister, Uncle, mom and i went in together because my sister wanted to pray. She started to say a prayer, but she just couldn't finish. I finished for her. It's heartbreaking.

I just know that my family is all here and we are being strong together. Right now we are hoping that Katie will get here. She needs to see her Grandpa at peace. Not fighting us, not fighting the tubes, not fighting the oxygen mask. My grandpa is a fighter. He is still with us. They say he can still hear us. So I keep joking with him about how he wants us to shut up. But we can't shut up. We can only hold his hands and tell him we love him. I told him all kinds of things today and felt a bit better.

The nurse said that we could put the rails down on the bed as long as someone was in there. The minute the rails were down I was in the bed. Sitting next to him, holding his hand, talking to him. Holding his face in my hands. Just trying to crawl inside him. Trying to give him a little piece of me. He is the one man who has never disappointed me. He is the one man I compare all men to. He is and always will be THE MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment