Spring break is over....HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE!! I love that girl of mine, but maaaaaaaaaan she is a handful lol. I've gotten real used to 3 hours of morning me time and weekends either working or laying in bed.
Though my weekends are now going to be slightly different for HOPEFULLY(keep all your fingers and toes crossed) for the next 16 weeks.
As you know my mom lives on a lake, we take trips to hotels for the pool, we go to the waterpark. Bascially we're around a lot of water in the summer. Mae is not one of those children that will do what you tell them to the second you tell them to do it. She can do something over and over knowing she isn't supposed to and then do it 5 seconds after you have let her out of time out. She is a very sweet kid, just very very strong willed. Because of that she has missed a lot of the fun things my family does. BUT she is getting older and hopefully things will start falling into place like they should. Again cross your fingers lol.
One thing my mom made sure my sister and I had when we were kids was swimming lessons. My grandpa took us summers until we were done with the classes and could go to the pool without drowning ourselves. Well as a responsible parent, and one who is scared to freaking death about EVERYTHING, I looked into swimming lessons for Mae.
The ones at the local pool don't start until May and the YWCA's start THIS WEEK!! Guess what we hustled and got done today lol. Grandpa is giving Mae the swimming lessons as her birthday present. Starting Saturday we have 8-weeks of lessons.
IF...IF IF IF IF IF she can pass the Level 1 class, then she can advance to the Level 2 class. Do I think that this will make her a real good, real strong swimmer? Not at all. I think that this will give her enough skills that she won't panic (and hopefully me) if she ventures out past where she can touch. No matter how close an eye you keep on your children, there is always that one instant where something can happen. And having a child who doesn't listen, it can happen often.
I am soooo glad I looked up the swim info today. If she can at least get some skills she might actually get to come to the 4th of July party. God help us all!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You never know, those hard-headed ones seem to take to swimming and other things that are taught by someone other than mommy! yay on the swimming, every kid needs to learn the basics! Way to go mom!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky girl! My stepdaughter loves to swim but we don't belong anywhere with a pool. Since we only have her every other weekend and we go to see her grandmother some of those weekends I'm not sure it's worth investing in a membership.
ReplyDelete