Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I was dreaming that I couldn't breathe. That really wasn't a very pleasant dream. It woke me up somewhere between 3 and 4 a.m. I got up, hit the bathroom, and then fell face down back into bed.

This time around the dreams were much more pleasant. AND I MEAN MUCH MORE PLEASANT lol. I was in such a deep sleep that I was woke up to my grandpa actually yelling my name. Yes, it scared the crap out of me!

He was like didn't you hear me? I was like no I was out out. That was either a little before 7 a.m. or just after. Remember I was just jolted out of a dead dream filled sleep.

He went back to his room telling me that he had woken up with the chills and chest pains, like probably somewhere between late 5 and early 6 a.m. I asked if he had called mom and I misunderstood him and I had to call her.

If he hadn't told me that he had the chills I would have freaked out thinking he was having a seizure. When I went into his room he was under the covers and shaking violently. It hurt to see him shaking like that.

We decided to take him to the ER. Poor Mae this morning. First grandpa tells her to get out of his room and go back to bed. She said I don't want to. I told her just go potty and go to the living room. Then I don't know how I managed, but she ended up in clean clothes that matched, and her shoes, WITH her hair brushed in probably about 6 minutes flat! Grandpa not feeling good is yelling at me that I have to start the car so it's warmed up. I wanted to snap back, but I didn't. Because seriously starting the car one minute before we get in it, isn't going to do a thing. BUT he was sick and not in his right mind.

Dropped Mae off at daycare and sped up to the ER. Grandpa got out of the car and when I got up to the door he was coughing into the garbage can like he had been sick. Thankfully it was just before 8 a.m. and we got in right away. Mom didn't see the chills like I did.

We stepped out of the room while they got him into a gown and I looked at her and told her that I hoped like hell they were going to admit him. That if he has to be this sick, that they let him be sick in the hospital. She told me the truth and god it sucks! That insurance may not let them admit him. THANKFULLY! I know how bad this sounds, really I do! But thankfully they did admit him.

They aren't for sure but they are thinking it's pneumonia and that we are catching it right at the begining. The chest pains though don't seem to be that serious. Or maybe it is, because I'm not a freaking doctor who can understand what was said. I understood most of it. I think the Doc did a good job explaining. BUT it gave my mom something else to obsess and freak over. Ok so yea I may be freaking a bit too. Because the doc said something about like stress from an infection in a person who has a blockage could lead to stress on the heart giving you a very small heart attack but it might not show up for hours afterwards in the blood work. Sooooooo basically they can't say if he did or didn't because all the bloodwork isn't in yet. Joy o Joy!

I was greatful that daycare took Mae this morning and after school. Silly woman told me she wasn't charging me for the couple hours. Sorry, I appreciate the offer, BUT you did a service for me. You did your job and you're getting paid. Duh lol.

Then the kid's dad took time off work to watch her so I didn't have to pay for daycare. Very nice, very unexpected. I did not ask for it. I had it covered ya know, why disrupt anymore peoples day. It was nice though and I appreciate it.

I know my mom will call the hospital a million times tonight, so I'm going to curb my urge to call and check on him. It's not like it will stop the worry.

He seems better though. His fever is down, oh yea that was 100.5 at home and spiked to 103 something at the hospital. But it's down now. He ate some dinner. But he was sleeping most of the day. That deep deep sleep. The sleep that made my mom say something to me that SUCKS ASS ON ALL LEVELS.

He was the worst in the ER, and mom just looked at me and said something to the effect of...When it's his time, I won't be able to be there. You're going to have to be there. OMG...are you kidding me!! I'm already terrified that he will go at home and I'll be the one who has to do all the calling. Ok truth...I have accepted the fact that most likely this type of scenario is what will most likely happen. It also SUCKS ASS ON ALL LEVELS. But to know that mom won't be strong enough is even worse. Because I don't know if I'll be strong enough. Now, THANKFULLY, that decision has been taken out of my hands. I know that's strange but it makes sense if you can get to my level of thinking lol. I told her ok, and then volunteered 2 of my best friends, without them knowing lol, to be with me. I called one of them back on the way home and told her.

She laughed and made a joke of it, BUT bottom line is...she would be there for me if I need her. I have such great friends. Another one called me tonight and was like what are you doing. Told him and he was like oo and said something funny about him being at the bar. Then told me that he loved me and would let me get back to grandpa. Maaaan...my friends are the best. My friend who went to Mayo in Rochester today and had all kinds of crap injected into her and was tested on, texted me back. I had texted her telling her i was sorry for bugging her but she was on my mind and my gramps. She texts back...something something and then all about my grandpa. Without my friends I would be very alone.

I left the hospital at 9 tonight and as if I didn't have a rough day already it got better. Yes, sarcasm. A Yellow Cab with a driver who looked as old as my gramps was ahead of me. STRADDLING BOTH LANES!! This one car zoomed on up thinking he was going around....BREAK LIGHTS....he figured out real quick why I was hanging back. I was not happy and I called the cab company. Sadly, they did not seem very concerned, until I said WTF do I have to call the cops? Duh your driver is out there endangering the lives of others!!! The last thing my grandpa said to me besides I love you was to get the baby home safe. So that dudes driving was unacceptable.

Now I am sitting here just trying to unwind and process what the hell is going on. I was gone from the hospital for about 2 hours today. I was able to grab a shower, and when before I dropped Mae off, I picked up my check and food for mom and me. I am hoping that tomorrow is a much better day.

Hope everyone had an uneventful day...Dawn, this pos pc is working its way to the postal plus for weighing and measuring lol. Brenda...you are a much stronger woman than me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope grandpa is feeling better soon. Pneumonia sucks enough without having it stress your heart.

    I'll try and email you some programs to run to see if that will help get your computer working a little better.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete