Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We made it back from our vacation with all our limbs intact!! But the fits trying to get back on track at home kinda suck lol. But she's sleeping now so yay!

Some how the kid's dad got the complete wrong idea about our trip and our visitors. I explained it truthfully but you know how people are. They hear what they want. He was under the, mistaken, impression that my friend that I was meeting was staying with us in the hotel for two days. Yea, I know...I don't know how he got that impression because when I told him what we were doing I explained it the way I did here. I'm not going to even waste my time on that one, except for telling him no you got it wrong.

The biggest problem was driving home, I got lost. Went way the hell around because I got turned around. We made it home ok lol. Just a bit later then I wanted to get home. We left real early today because I didn't want to deal with the fit when Mae realized the pool was open and we were going home lol.

Sunday we left moms about noon and with a speed limit of 70, plus, we were there before we knew it. Got to my dad's house and spent some time visiting with him and his girlfriend and the bevy of cats they have. Mae took to her grandpa real quick. She loves easy. Poor girl that's going to hurt her later in life.

Because I forgot to tell them about the change in plans they thought we were staying with them. I felt bad but sometimes I have dad issues. He's an alcoholic and I havn't seen him drunk in a long time, but I didn't want to find out how he is now. He was very good with Mae though and wasn't drunk, just drinking...which is no big deal I just have issues is all.

I also have a lot of guilt about visiting him. Because of my dad and mom. Mom still says shit about my dad, but says she doesn't hate him, has no feeling. I called bullshit because of all the years of stuff said and even now. I don't blame her, she had it rough with him. I get it. BUT even if she calls him my exdad, he is still my dad. And for whatever reason I feel a bond and love and that's my cross to bear.

I don't want to be like my sister and not have spent time with him before he dies and then feel shitty. But then I've always wanted a connection with him, even though my dad is the greatest.

So now Mae has met her grandpa and I don't know how to deal with that one. It's strange because while it's not a competition It feels like one when talking to my mom. I told her I love my dad and I love my other dad. But it's hard on me, and I'm an adult. I don't know, I guess I just do what I feel is right and try not to hurt my dad or mom's feelings.

Sunday night my friend brought his daughter and we swam FOREVER. Then the girls had snacks and watched movies. It was a fun night. Mae and the little girl were fast friends. There were hugs and i love yous. And at the end there were tears! OH WERE THERE TEARS! The little girl wanted a sleep over and to stay. Basically it came down to no lol. But he said something about and when your mom asks what you did lol yea if I was her mom I'd have thrown a fit lol. It's one thing to go swimming and have pizza. It's a whole other thing to spend the night lol. Playdates have an ending lol.

Monday my dad and his girlfriend came swimming with us. She's much older, like 15 years younger than my grandpa who is almost 90. And I deal with my grandpa's moods all the time and I may have snapped at her, but it wasn't bad. She wasn't liking the pool warmth or the hot tub hotness. I popped off with I'm sorry your not having a good time. Kinda snotty like. Im sorry don't ruin the good time lol. My dad has heart problems and is on medication and gets tired easy. Well some how he got it in his head that it was ok for him to climb the stairs of the big waterslide.....WHILE CARRYING THE ALMOST 60 LB CHILD!! I told him he needs to do like we do...make the girl walk!

Mae loved her grandpa and he took her down the waterslide like 5 times. And ever the competition he made a comment about my dad. I'm telling you sometimes it just sucks! lol thank god I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions even if they leave me feeling guilty.

Otherwise...we had a great time! We went for supper at my dad's house on monday night and I liked being there, I just know that it wouldn't be like that if I saw him everyday. On the plus side lol if I ever want to move to DesMoines lol I have a room lol.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Your vacation sounded wonderful, glad everyone had a good time!!
    Sounds like grandpa enjoyed being with Miss Mae as well.
    Aren't you glad you bent your rule just a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you made it home with all limbs intact. It makes me wonder what kind of vacation you were having that you have to make it a point of letting us who care about you know you still have arms & legs.

    It sounds like you and Mae had a great time. I'm glad for as you definitely needed that.

    *big hugs to you and the Mae*

    Oh yeah, I'm on book 2 already. You and Mae got me the best birthday present!!!!

    ReplyDelete