I blogged to soon! But that's ok! My mom just called me with a bit of good news. I am now breathing just a little bit easier...thank god.
You have no idea how stressed I am. Ok so I know you do, but it's my pity party and I'm the only invitee this time around lol.
We didn't think the vascular surgeon was going to be getting to our case before midnight. His surgery either went really well, or it went really bad, because the nurse said he would probably be in it til 10.
Mom decided to call up to the hospital and see how grandpa was. Now I feel bad for leaving earlier then the other two nights. Because you know how it is, you leave the docs come.
He reviewed the ct and even though the anuerysm has grown...IT IS NOT BIG ENOUGH TO DO SURGERY ON!!!! Oh that is good news!
His cardio doc came in tonight and was telling us how by doing that surgery it could trigger a heart attack. Could be a little one, could be a big one. You just don't know. So before that surgery could be given the ok, he wanted the angiogram because that would tell them if there were other problems that would make that surgery a no go.
So now we know we aren't possibly having a surgery. Ooo that is sooo good to not have hanging over our heads! Now the anuerysm can still rupture. BUT..that's how it is with any anuerysm. People have them burst and they die and your left going but there wasn't anything wrong with her. So it's not like there is any added danger. That's how I spun it to my mom anyways. And that's how I look at it, because it's the closest truth I want to get next to.
Ohhh I like breathing!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keeping you and your grandpa in my thoughts and prayers. You are a strong woman and you know when you need to be extra strong and you know when you need a little down time/pity party. It's during the tough times you really find out who your friends are! Huggss to you
ReplyDeleteHey, I know the whole clock tower thing when you have a loved one in the hospital. Omg...I'm surprised I didn't blow up parts of Atlanta when Taylor was in the hospital for several months.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to give you the advice a wonderful nurse gave me...you need to take time for yourself because you are no good to your loved one when you are all drained and ragged.
If you have to leave the hospital, go home and just have quiet, soak in the tub time for a few hours then go back...that's what you need to do. My thoughts are with you and I'm sending big Taylor hugs to you & Mae and nice healing thoughts to the grandpa.
*hugs*