Sunday, June 19, 2011

And in all this

Mae...what a kid! I havn't really blogged much about her so I figured I should probably tell some Mae stories just in case anyone thinks she's been left behind on this journey.

Tuesday is surgery to remove her tubes. The doctor is going to put a paper patch in her ear to see if that helps and she doesn't need a fourth set of tubes. Girls a little hypochondriac lol so surgery is just what she needs to boost her lil attitude of im just a little girl lol.

We spent the Thursday afternoon outside playing in the pool. That girl stayed out for four hours and went through three sunscreen applications and finally said Mom i wanna go inside lol.

Her, me, and him all sat down for dinner the last two nights. Im trying to teach her to slow down when she eats and to keep her mouth closed lol. I've taught her to use her spoon and fork together so she doesnt slurp off the plate lol.

We spent a couple days last week curled up on the couch watching movies. She's done a lot of lap sitting lately.

Tonight lol I had her up in the air. She was on my feet and I lifted my legs and her up. Fun for her good exercise for the mama lol.

Today she said her favorite part of the day was going to the cemetary to see grandpa cuz we miss him. Sooo very sweet but i also think possibly manipulative to try to get something she wants because its pretty much what i said to her earlier so who knows. She is 5 after all, they all have issues lol.

We went to church the last couple sundays at 8 and then today we went to church in Oelwein. We sat with what would be her Great Great Aunt and then went to the cemetary together. We fixed the flags and Mae helped tape the flags and flowers. Then Mae took the invitation quick to lunch lol. I have no money, Im broke. So now I have to figure out a way to return the favor lol.

I found out earlier from my Aunts daughter that she really enjoyed being with me and Mae. That she told her all about the lunch, the things i was trying to teach her. She was even surprised when Mae started saying the Our Father in church today. Truth be told so was I because she usually wont do it in church. Then, thank you lord jesus for giving me a brain lol, my Aunt says to me something about her learning the Hail Mary. I laughed and told her we were actually working on it lol and she knew some to most of it.

It was a sad but good day. I really enjoyed it. The only bad thing was that he ended up working a 14 hour shift. He's not real happy. But Im a good girlfriend and I have a towel ready in the bathroom for him, a plate ready to throw in the microwave, and then there is always my charming self lol.

Well hell guess he's right, keep yourself busy and the time goes faster. Time to heat up some dinner I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment