Sunday, January 16, 2011

Today is a new week! The start of my week has tended to start with church with my kiddo and my Great Aunt. It's a new thing! I've been doing my best to keep my promise to my Grandpa about going to church. I have a great Aunt though because she said that if it gets to cold we don't have to go. If I'm out of town she says it's ok that I don't go. It's as long as I go! Yeah, I love my Aunt.

Hell she used to babysit me when I was little. I remember living around the corner from them as a small child. My cousin, her grandson, remembers getting me to eat a red hot pepper lol; luckily I think I have supressed that enough to still like my cousin lol.

Today I will be thanking God for giving me the strength to make it through last week and more strength to make it through this coming week.

Ok so the story that I don't think I've told you yet! Last week or was it two weeks now; anyways doesn't matter. One of the girls at who works the day shift has been having issues with keeping her diabetes under control. Part of it is, in my own opinion, she likes the attention and a reason to call into work. I know not very nice but she also has a history of missing work on Mondays and Fridays lol so ya know!

Well my friends at work call me to see if I would be interested in covering her day shifts while she tries to get her health under control. HELLS YEA! That would mean more money, less stress of having to look for a job right now, AND I could get someone else to pay for my child care! Welfare Mama that I am!

To recieve childcare assistance through our state you have to be working 28 hours or more; be going to school and working; and that's that. If you work 27 hours you get no help. So imagine the 10 to 24 hours I get a week. I make just over minimum wage. A third of my small paycheck goes to paying for daycare. I get foodstamps and child support. That's it for the "government assistance" I get.

Well my boss in all his infinite "christian" wisdom decides then to put his foot down on my friend making decisions about the store. Yeah yeah he's the owner. But the store only runs as good as it does because of my friend doing all the stinking work. He makes the decisions on the schedule and who gets to move to days and such.

So I'm working a day shift and I have to talk to the boss. My friend actually went go and talk to him he wants to talk to you. Yeah I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. So I'm all hopeful and thinking about all this great "GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE" I will have the chance to qualify for. And then it happened! The anger came out, the fake smile went on, I held my temper, I nodded and smiled and made one point to my "christian" boss!

He told me the reason that I wasn't going to get an increase in hours and be moved to days is because his girlfriends annuity from her dead husband is running out and her one day a week job isn't cutting it and she needs a job BECAUSE she doesnt get any GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE.

I saw red, I was pissed and I stopped him there to inform him that the only GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE I recieve is foodstamps! That my paychecks from him a third of them goes right out the door for child care on top of the taxes that have already been taken out!

I ranted and ranted and ranted when I got off work. I was so damned pissed off. Not only did I not get day shift, I also didn't gain a 5th day at work, and am now working 2 day and 2 night shifts. Oooo I am soooo greatful for my boss to be sooo generous as to give me 2 day shifts. If your going to put your girlfriend to work why not give her the hours?? Oh and what about when the other girl wants to come back!!

Dear god please let me find a new job! One I like and one with less bullshit drama. And please don't let me fuck my friend over in the process, though she has already been informed that when I get a new job... I'll just be done with this job and give no notice. Yea I'm all Christian like myself lol.

At least I'm a real Christian...flawed and not afraid to make mistakes and not be fucking phony as fuck about who I am.

And that my dear friends is how everything started and then this week hit lol. I'm praying for strength to make it through what this week throws at me lol

No comments:

Post a Comment