Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I was talking to my friend on the phone this morning and I have come to a lot of conclusions and realities about the new living situation.

Any problem I have with my mother, her words, actions, or whatever; they are my problems. I can not change her I can only change myself. I can not control her, I can only control myself. This isn't anything new. This isn't something that I just woke up today and realized. It's what I've known about anyone in life. This is just the way life is.

I have choices in my life. I can choose to let whatever she says to me be whatever it is. I just have to control myself. There are ways to talk to people that will seem condescending but in reality you have to talk that way so that there is no chance for misunderstanding.

I have to be able to hear the criticism from her and be able to go; that's on her, it doesn't have to effect me. And then later I can always come back to her and say Mom I need to tell you that this is how I felt and you didn't make me feel this way I am responsible for my feelings but I need you to know this is how it makes me feel.

Yup good old therapy talk! I don't think there is anything wrong with talking to her like that because we communicate better if we do it that way. Hell I did it the other day and even thanked her for listening to me and asked if I handled the situation right. She said I did. Great green light to make this our way of communicating.

I have another blog on here as well and I am going to make that one private and I will have two blogs. Why do you ask? Because I believe that somethings in my life I want to blog about but to do so publicly wouldn't be a wise decision. I am two people, no not in the multiple personality way lol, but online I share only parts of the story publicly because somethings in my life aren't exactly kosher. And I don't feel the need anymore to share everything. But I do need a place to put the rest of the story or those things that weigh on my mind. So I need to know who wants to see the other part of me. No I don't have any dark dirty secrets. I'm not an ax murderer. I'm not anything crazy. It's just that part of me and my life that doesn't get aired in an online public forum. I'll need an email to send it to, so message me where its comfortable for you to do that.

So the family drama today lol is a carry over from a few weeks or days ago lol. I havn't cleaned something I was supposed to clean a long time ago lol. So I said I would do it today and some dishes the dishwasher didn't get clean. Well I figured I don't have to have any of it done until 330 this afternoon because that's when Dad would be getting off work lol.

Yeah lol lazy did not happen. I yakked on the phone with my friend for I don't know how long. I did however get the toilet and vanity clean, the kitchen/bathroom floors swept, I got the dishes done and am currently soaking the new wave stuff to wash, vaccumed the floors and moved the furniture. My dad needs to help me move the coffee table so I can vaccum under that. It's a heavy sucker. Hell I even vaccumed their room lol.

Sometimes I wonder if there isn't crack floating in the air in my house lol. I really intended to be lazy. Hell I even turned on the Real Housewives to watch and then realized as I stood washing dishes that I had turned my show on and it was playing and I was washing dishes lol. WTF lol I swear to god lol.

Then last night mom says to me we need to talk about cleaning the house! Oh HELL I told her i was sweeping and doing up my dishes today and that Sunday after church is when I do all the other cleaning. My dad was all on board with that lol mom has to think about it. Um this is why I have to talk to my mom like we are in therapy lol. It's an easy freakin solution. No need for drama. I know why my mom thinks I'm a pig lol but obviously she hasn't been paying attention to the last year to year and a half. Where the dirty room was my room. Everything else was cleaned or picked up.

Which leads me to another realization I had yesterday about the new living situation. With just Mae and me here I could get away with vacuuming once a week. Now that there are 3 adults and a child that can't happen. You have to vaccum AT LEAST twice a week. And while talking about that with my friend this morning I came to another realization. That even if I end up doing all of the housework all of the time with them living here.... I CAN'T GET MAD about it. I can not like it but I can't take it out on them or be mad at them. Why you ask? BECAUSE I would be the one doing it anyways if they weren't here. So nothing has really changed. As long as everyone picks up after themselves there won't be much extra work to do.

So today while I yakked on the phone and cleaned house, lost my lazy day lol I came to a lot of conclusions about things. And it was a good thing to have because right now we are in the honeymoon phase. We are going to get on each other's nerves and rub each other the wrong way. It's inevitable because we are different people....BUT there are some things that will help that lol.

Here's to a lazy Wednesday!

1 comment: