Sometimes you do good and nice things because of what it will get you. This is a story of doing something because it's the right thing to do, it's the nice thing to do, it's something you would appreciate being done for you. And because you want the credit and the warm fuzzy feeling you will get when the person gets what you have done for them. That's what this story is!
You know I have mommy issues. Big Bad Scary Ugly Mommy issues. Put your ass on medication mommy issues. Never forget though that I love my mother very much and it would kill me if something happened to her. See...psycho scary mommy issues.
Anyways, my mom and dad are staying in town tonight. She took the sheets home with her a few weeks ago to wash them and brought them back Sunday. They didn't stay Sunday night but are staying tonight. The bed wasn't made. I was in their room talking to my dad a little bit ago; bullshitting and getting shit from him; a good time ;) And I looked over and saw the bag of sheets.
My mom and I are in a honeymoon period right now in the abuse that is known as our relationship. And I would have done it anyways. I wouldn't have done it the "right" way, but I would have made my moms bed for her.
Today though, I made her bed the "right" way because I love her and I know she would appreciate that and it would make her like me for another day lol. No seriously, not sarcasm lol.
My dad said he didn't want to do it know, he'd wait til later. But like with that stupid driveway when you go to clean a path, you're already out there might as well do the whole drive. I figured I'd do the bed the right way.
Thanks to a little help from my dad the bed is made the right way. He helped me put the sheets on, the underskirt thingy and then was out of there lol. He came back a few minutes later and was like your still fighting it lol. I just wanted to do it the right way.
Sometimes it's the real little things that make your day better. I know my mom is having a rough time with Grandpa and then her boss at work, his dad just died. So I'm pretty sure that my mom is at some place on the emotional scale that I don't even know about and should probably steer clear of. This is the time to show my mom I love her and do something nice lol.
The significance of making the bed "right" is that mom has a way of making the bed. You can make the bed all day long; doesn't mean that it's right! I know how to make a freaking bed. Let me tell you what! And to make the bed "right" you are only fast at it if you do it all the time. It took me like 20 minutes to make the damned bed lol. But I made the bed "right".
Put the underskirt thing on, even made sure it was all straight and nice. Now that was fun times with Dad lol one of us holding the bed up while the other one straightened it out. Then got the sheets on and got them on the right way so when you see the little decoration thingy. I don't know I just know that Dad had to show me the right way because I had that lil part messed up . So the bed is a big deal.
Hell with the sham thingy I even put a pillowcase on the pillow inside that so you could take the sham off and have a pillow.
I better get a fucking hug is all I have to say lol.
And in the doing things for others catagory lol I also made a very nice lunch for my Uncle Larry. I made meatloaf with onions for him. Heated up some leftover fideo and served that on the side. It was nice having lunch with Mae and my Uncle at the table. Then Dad came back and I made him a plate.
I'm telling you sometimes you have to do nice things for other people to make yourself feel better because you know that it was appreciated. Yup, I am that kind of person lol.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment