As we all know Facebook is about as juvenile as you can get and still be an adult. We play the games, we do the surveys, we tag the pictures, and we stay connected to family. Now we all know that families fight, we all know that friends fight, we all know that we sometimes put bullshit out there that is pure bullshit, that's meant to incite a reaction, and things that you just shouldn't put out there.
Compound all that with the fact that as human beings we are judgemental people. I don't care who you are but I will you call a liar to your face if you dare try to claim your not. It's in our nature to be judgemental. I will give a little wiggle room on that by saying there are different levels of judgment and while you may not be as judgemental as person B, you are still judgemental.
I sometimes do things on Facebook for my mom. She has added some people who she didn't want to remove because you know how it is, you delete someone and it comes back to bite you in the ass. Why did you delete me, you didn't have to do that, blah blah. You know what I'm talking about. Some of the people that she added she was sick of seeing their posts. I went ahead and just blocked them from showing up on her screen. They still show as friends, but she doesn't have to see their posts. In this instance it was a family member. Now in my opinion that's how you should handle it. If you don't like what they are saying, they are posting to much, you think they are childish...whatever the reason, just do that. Don't cause drama by deleting them.
Well tonight I did my best on there to not cause drama in the family. I was doing farmville and looking at everything people had posted and I came across something my family member had posted.
"I read a lot of non sense on this thing called FB, and I am so glad my two oldest kids have made great choices in their lives, I couldn't be more proud of them!!!"
It goes on to say that his boy is coming home for Christmas from the navy and his little boys are excited for him to come home. BUT that was written by my cousin. I know about the nonsense he is talking about, well at least some of it. BUT why would you write something like that?
There is only one reason, to hurt your family and to brag about your family. The thing is, while your hurting your family your showing what an ass you are. I almost commented on it. Because I know things aren't all rosey in his house! I go to church with his mom on Sundays, I've met his wife/girlfriend I don't know if they're married or not. BUT I know!
So common sense took over and I put my own lil facebook message out there. Remember the rule to live by is if it doesn't say your name then it's not about you and if you think it's about you then that's your issue because only the writer knows who it was really about. Yes I know that's what I should live by too, but I have a really good "idea" of who and what he is talking about and the way I read it, I'm going with my gut.
So I put out there Using facebook to hurt your loved ones is a shitty thing to do. Doesn't make you look any better than anyone else out there.
And I think that was the right way to handle it. Because when I read what he wrote I just wanted to smack him. We all use facebook to vent, to laugh, to cry, to hear bad news, to hear good news, to spread the word. Yes some of us say things we really shouldnt most of the time. Personally I try to keep my stuff pleasant, yes I have my days where my posts are not all roses and sunshine, but then what life is?
I just figured I should come over here and blog this before I accidently on purpose respond to his post. Yay for self control!
I have a lot of people hidden on my facebook. I just didn't want to hurt their feelings by totally removing them. I know a lot of people have me hidden as well, mostly because of the farmville posts. I've had several people bitch about the FV posts in general. I tell them to do like I do, If I don't play that particular game, I hide the entire game, but not the person!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had some self control, I know how hard that is!!
He didn't even know FL wasn't working last night, he came home in a crappy mood and never went near the computer.