Money makes me happy. Yes, I am that shallow. I do know that money won't keep you happy but if you have no money and you get some unexpectedly it really makes you happy. If you have ever been broke you know what I'm talking about.
I don't know how or why, but this year Christmas shopping wasn't stressful. Not like last year where I didn't know how I was going to do anything or get anyone gifts. This year the money has just worked out right. Before the holiday season really kicked off I ended up with some extra unexpected money.
I bought Mae some Christmas gifts. Then I came into another bit of extra unexpected money; and bought Mae more Christmas presents. This time though it was the one that HAS to be under the tree or her Christmas will end up sucking for her lol. Then I got the bills under control and paid in advance and had a chunk of money I wasn't expecting to have.
I went shopping that day and finished off my shopping for everyone. Oh and I did put about 41 bucks on my mom's toys r us charge. That doesn't have to be paid til May; thank you tax money!
Then I got my bonus at work and I spent that on getting Mae her picture with Santa. Thank you to my boss because without his bonus I wouldn't have been able to afford it!
Well this week started with money being really REALLY tight for me and for my friends. Tammy who does my daycare had enough gas to get home on Monday night but not to get over on Tuesday. Tips really have been shitty lately. Monday night people were really generous. So I made enough in tips to get a pack of smokes and give her about 7 bucks for gas.
Should have been no big deal! Should have been an easy fix because Tuesday is payday. Checks didn't come in on Tuesday. I had no money. Ok I did I had about 4 bucks between two bank accounts. I texted Tammy to see if she needed a ride and she did. There goes my gas faster.
We decided she would stay the night last night so Mae didn't have to get up and we could just get my check today and I'd take her home. Well at this point we are both broke and have a total of 8 cigarettes between us. I told ya lol I've been going without. So fortunatly I made enough in tips and with the help of the credit card was able to get us into smokes til today when I was supposed to get my check.
Well when we got home yesterday I checked my mail. There was a christmas card for me from my cousin. And it was in the shape of one that is a money holder. You know the ones I'm talking about you just can tell that's what they are. But I wasn't expecting anything, I got hopefull lol but wasn't expecting anything.
Inside they told me how they appreciate me and Mae taking their mom to church on sundays and that they know she likes the company. And to have a merry christmas; oh yea, and by the way here's a check for $40!
Oh my! I was literally in shock and didn't know what to say. I go to church with my Aunt because I want to, because I told my dying Grandpa that I would start going to church, because church is helping me a bit. I don't go to church with her to get anything. Ok again I lie, I like how it makes me feel when I go to church with her. I like being with her. Sue me! I don't do it for gas or anything. But they wanted us to have something a little extra! So I took that money that in the memo said Christmas and went out and bought Mae a present.
When I got to work last night the Toys R Us ad was out and it had a toy that was like half off called Splatster. I hadn't ever heard of it but it looked really cool. You use a wand and can paint on the tv. 29 bucks and some change! I saw it and I showed it to Tammy last night and decided that the money was going to get Mae something cool.
Roll around to today and it just seems like all I've done is been on the go today. I wanted to go to church today because I don't know when services are where I will be at. So I asked my Aunt if she wanted to go and we went. I had Tammy keep Mae and when my Aunt got in the car she was all where's the little one, I wanted to take her out for lunch.
Maaan lol that sucked lol. We got to church and Wednesday service is different. It's shorter and it feels rushed. BUT today what they had to say was what I needed to hear. It was about how its the unexpected that we have to deal with and how we deal with it is how we shape ourselves. Something like that. I just know that when I sat there and listened, it made sense. It was what I needed to hear.
We ended up going out for lunch anyways. I had Tammy get Mae ready and we ended up at Pizza Hut.
It was a nice time, I like watching Mae and my Aunt together. Mae is a very likable young lady lol. While we were eating my phone rang and I hadn't taken it off silent from church and it was a call telling me that nope checks still werent in.
I had a quarter of a tank of gas, I needed to drive all the way across town in 3 directions, 2 of them twice, I had a friend waiting to get paid, and money to give my mom. NOT GOOD!
Well somewhere along the line it got decided that we were getting Grandpa Christmas money. OOOOOOO ty ty ty Grandpa! I got gas in my car, paid my daycare, and will have enough for a pack of smokes. This also means that when I do get my paycheck I will be able to buy my brother and nephew a gift certificate to my work and pick up a piece of crap gift bag for his girlfriend.
Money makes Christmas so much better! I had a lot of nice unexpected things happen to me. And I'm greatful because I have to have a good time for Christmas. I have a love hate relationship with the holiday anyways, and this year I wasn't so sure about a lot of things. But somehow it has all worked out. I really think this was my gift from Grandpa. Being able to keep trying and going even though I don't want to and doing my best to live up to my responsibilities.
I'm ready for Christmas....just not looking forward to the Christmas Drop!
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who doesn't like money??!?!? And unexpected money!! Even better!! This is the first year I haven't stressed on Christmas. I've gotten a few stocking stuffers and PJ's for everyone, that's all I can do this year.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are working out for you!!