Saturday, December 18, 2010

Panic has set in and is on it's way out. Thankfully I was able to think quick. And now I ask you, if you're broke and you forgot to get someone a present, is it ok to give them a card with a picture of Mae in it?

I was sitting here playing a game and all of a sudden I realized that I didn't get my Aunt Alberta anything for Christmas. We have been going to church pretty regularly for the last 7 months. In all the shopping that I did, I didn't think to pick her up anything. How horrible is that? So then I figure I know I can scrounge up a Christmas card and I'm pretty sure I have a school picture of Mae. That can be a present, right?

Well it better be because that's what I've got to give her. And even though it was a late thought, at least I finally remembered.

Sheesh this holiday is going to kill me. I don't want to go to Christmas. I want to be by myself. But I can't do that to Mae and to Katie. The Katie part is what my sister added because I'm assuming that even though Katie has issues it would be a bigger issue if I missed both Thanksgiving and Christmas. And my sister says it's not an option. Sooo I'm going to go with the crowd on this one and bite the bullet and go even though I don't want to. Thank you anxiety medication!

Yesterdy was Mae's last day of school til January 3rd. This week we are going to have presents to wrap, food to make, and do our best to not kill each other lol.

I really do like Christmas. I bitch about it a lot but I don't hate Christmas. I just don't want to go to Christmas because I'd rather be alone and deal then be with everyone and deal.

Ok so Merry Christmas and falalalala I'm going to be happy it's Christmas because Mae is beyond super excited about Christmas and I can't be the Grinch who brings it down for her! Let the wrapping begin and the naughtiness begin. Because you know that the week before Christmas is always when the kids are the naughtiest lol

2 comments:

  1. Although I love Christmas, I'm just not feeling it myself. Now it's become a battle in our house. Since he found out about the PS3, he "HAS" to buy something even better for his kids, even when we don't have the money.
    As for the naughtiness, She's still at the age where you can use Santa against her. "Santa is watching, do you think he brings presents to little girls that don't listen to their mommy's or don't clean their room".. gotta love the Ho-Ho guy for bribery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. and yes the picture in a card is a good last minute gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete