Saturday, December 18, 2010

The pica is back. I was pretty sure it was, but I was trying to live in the land of delusion. It worked for a minute.

I got home from work tonight and talked with my friend for awhile. When she left Mae got up to go "potty". Well good Mama that I am went to tuck her in. She was chewing on something.

Lately I have been finding wads of toilet paper wadded up and wet. She is chewing/eating(?) toilet paper.

When she went on the Concerta for the add/adhd she stopped eating things that weren't food. It was a very happy day.

She had a wad of toilet paper in her mouth tonight. I'm very proud of myself. I didn't yell at her, I didn't spank her. But I did tell her that I was very unhappy. Then I told her what could happen if she keeps eating things that aren't food. That she would get sick and she goes I am sick *cough cough*. I told her not that kind of sick. I said the sick that they put you in the hospital and they stick you with big needles and you have tubes in you. She got quiet and said that would hurt me. I said I know and I don't want you to be hurt that's why you can't eat things that aren't food. Ooo this is not what I wanted to be worried about.

I don't know if she needs more medication or if they need to test her for something else, but the pica being back is not making me very happy.

On the other end of things; had a pretty awesome night at work. Tips were freakin AWESOME and the guy I worked with actually worked and did more stuff. I feel like I didn't do anything at work lol but since I know I worked I'm not going to bitch about it. It was a good night at work and I don't have to be back there until 5 pm on Monday.

There are books to be read, movies to be watched, hugs and kisses to be given and I'm going to enjoy them...even if I have to pick up little balls of chewed t.p.

No comments:

Post a Comment