Thursday, December 16, 2010

One of the things I keep saying lately is I want to be irresponsible with the money. And trust me I really really want to be irresponsible with the money. With that said; I was irresponsible with the money!

And it feels really good to have been irresponsible with the money! Now to hope and pray that child support comes in on time even with the holiday lol. I may have shorted myself on gas for the car, and I have to stop smoking again, but I thoroughly enjoyed being irresponsible with the money!

After showing my mom what we got my Dad for Christmas, I decided I should hit the mall and get mom one of the 19.99 jobbies. Right outside of the jewelry store is where Santa is sitting. Mae knows this, and I know this because last month we were there and saw it set up.

Since then Mae has wanted to go. I used the money for bills, gas, food, and christmas presents. I didn't think I was going to have the money to get her picture taken. That Mall Santa shit is expensive! Doesn't matter where you're from it is EXPENSIVE!

Well life decided to take a small turn in my favor. We got a bonus this week on our checks. That was forty bucks I didnt have before. All I've been asking for is an extra forty bucks so I could get Mae's picture with Santa.

After paying bills, buying gas, and a pack of smokes I was left with $35 in the bank. I have a five dollar bill in my wallet. I had forty bucks! Today when I dressed Mae I put her in a real nice shirt thats red and the bottom is black with sparkles/sequin/some type thing on it.

She saw Santa from a distance and her face lit up and she screamed Santa! She wanted her picture taken, she wanted to see him, she was ready to tell him what she wanted. And it was a "real" Santa. Real beard and an old guy. She was soo good. She smiled real pretty. She told him what she wanted.

He was a good Santa. He told her she was on the good list and that she had a mama who loved her and he knew because his glasses were special and he knew she loved her mama. Oooo it was just a wonderful experience.

It was a little piece of joy that everyone should get to see in their life.

If your a facebook follower there's the picture of her and Santa. I got the cheap package and added the cd ended up costing me $28 and some change. Left me with enough for two gallons of gas or a pack of smokes lol.

Sometimes life decides its your turn to smile. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. That wasn't irresponsible, that was making a memory!! You are truly blessed with your daughter. My kids wouldn't get within 20 feet of Santa, so I have no pictures.
    One year my dad even dressed up in his Santa suit and my kids lost their minds. *sigh
    Can't wait to see her picture with Santa!!
    (can't get FB to come up!)
    Tis the season for miracles and joy!!

    ReplyDelete