Let's try this again. A couple days ago Mae decided that she didn't want to clean her room, she didn't want to pick up her stuff, and she in general wanted to be as mouthy as she could be.
Mama had enough. I have threatened to take her tv away but never did it. You know sometimes just the threat of taking something away works; until it doesn't.
Well we got to that point a few days ago and while my crying and screaming Mae watched, I the big bad mama, took out the tv. She watched me undo the cable, unplug the box and pick that heavy sucker up and take it out of her room. The whole time begging me not to. The whole time I was telling her well then you shouldn't have done this this this and this and you should do this this this and this.
Oh you would have thought I killed the kid. Hell she's only had tv in her room for a couple of months. BUT I am not going to have my child be disrespectful to me or any other adults because she thinks that she can just do what she wants and then flounce to her room to watch tv. UT UH NO WAY! We all know parents who raised their kids that way and we've seen what they become.
She's been doing pretty good about not mouthing and picking her stuff up since then. Sooooo we are trying it again. Today while she was at school I went and hooked her tv back up. The nicest thing about it was that I didn't have to reprogram the channels. Thank god cuz its an old tv and sucks to program lol. So she has her disney, nick, abcfamily, pbs, and cartoon network. We will see what happens with the attitude.
BUT I am all prepared to take that bitch right back out of her room if she decides to be a royal brat!
I went to the grief counselor today and decided that unless I need to I won't be going back. I have other issues that aren't grief related that are being taken care of with other professionals. I love this guy he was so nice. I told him what had happened and ya know it's nice to have not only my friends but the professionals telling me I'm doing the right thing.
NOW the hard part! How do I ask my mom to come to Mae's school program and not kill each other and have to talk to each other about anything. I'm wavering on asking her because while I can avoid subjects she likes to poke them and pick them. Maybe after talking to my sister I'll have a better idea. I don't know though, I just don't know.
Oh well if I'm the only one there for the program at least someone was there!
I'm off to chill out while listening to the rain and praying it stays rain...no ice no snow PLEASE!!
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go! It's hard being the mean one, but they have to know who is in charge. A gentle reminder now and then doesn't seem to work! She has to earn the TV back, that teaches her something.
ReplyDeleteLast night, I had ran to the Family Dollar, at that time it was about 42 degree's. This woman comes walking in with a little girl (around 2yrs old)The child is wearing a 2 piece bikini bathing suit and flip-flops! Everyone in the store just stared, then started talking about her. She got behind me in line and I said... isn't it a bit too cold to be wearing a bathing suit? The mom says, it's what she wanted to wear. Really? Are you the parent? "yes I am"... well, you could have fooled me! She just looked at me for a second and I said "A 2 yr old child is NOT capable of making the RIGHT decisions, you should try being the parent instead of her BFF or you're gonna have a heap of trouble when she gets older. You aren't teaching her anything by letting have her way every time. Be the parent and make her dress appropriate for the weather!... People started clapping!
Good for you. It's probably the hardest thing to do, but I think parents learn what their parents meant when they said, "I'm doing this for your own good." Kids will never get that...until they're older and have kids of their own!
ReplyDelete