Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Some days you just can't believe what your hearing. I was told awhile ago by another person that Mae's dad was telling people that I was telling her that he was dead. That I am such a monster, I told a 4 year old, who just lost her great grandpa, that her dad was also dead.

I have done a lot of things, I may have been a lot of things, BUT one thing I wouldn't do is tell MY Mae that her dad was dead, UNLESS he was really dead. That's the only way you tell a child that their parent is dead, if they're dead.

Today I was talking to a friend of mine who mentioned that she saw Mae's dad not that long ago. And he told her that he heard it around that I was telling Mae he was dead. My friend said she was floored and immediately told him NO. She knows me, she knows what the situation regarding him is, she has been around me and Mae and knows what is going on with us. She knows I didn't do it and most importantly knows I wouldn't do that to Mae.

I find it pathetic and sad that this man would be going around to people and telling them this garbage. I love my daughter more than I can ever say or show. I would never hurt her like that. Why would I risk destroying a future relationship with my daughter over HIM!?!?

It is not my fault that he is unable, or unwilling to quit smoking or drinking to be able to afford to see his child. That is not my burden to bear. I do everything I have to do to make sure Mae has what she needs. Having kids means that you sacrifice for them. It sucks ass but that's how it is. Didn't want to put someone else first in your life, well then you shouldn't have had kids.

I don't know what kind of mental illness he has, but he should probably go see someone about the delusions in his head. It just proves to me that he wouldn't be above telling her I was dead if the situation was reversed.

I don't know, I just don't know.

4 comments:

  1. Since he can no longer manipulate you, your friends and family make a close second. Since he can't get a rise out of you on his own, use the friends to fire you up.
    My ex went through the same thing, when he could no longer get me fired up, he went to my friends and family trying to convince them what a piece of shit I was, thankfully those people know me best and just ignored him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek. It's too bad that you have to continue to have him in your life until your child is 18. So sorry you're going through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys, It's just another one of those things that women who make bad choices has to live with. Fortunatly for me, unfortunatly for her..he has no intention of doing whats right by her. And i wont feel bad for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in shock.. I mean seriously... How in the hell could he think that you'd tell her something like that. ALL you have ever fought for was for MAE to have a good life.. That is just unreal..
    HUGS hun to you both

    ReplyDelete