Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today was a special day for me and a friend of mine. Dawn's daughter turned 21 and my Katie turned 16. Who knew we would both get this far with kiddos. Not because Dawn's daughter has an illness but because KIDS CAN DRIVE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!

Yes I know Katie doesn't live with me, but like i keep reminding people...she had a life with me no matter who awknowledges it.

I know Katie has her own issues and as much as the Missouri family tries to hide it...it comes out.

I'm just greatful that we have her!

When she was born I didn't even get to be with her for the first 24 hours of her life. She had a fever and I had a fever and she had to go to the NICU. Scary stuff for an 18 yr old girl. Then i had blood pressure issues...so Katie was a lot of work from day one lol.

Today saw the loss of an old chatroom associate. I hadn't talked to him in a very very long time. But I know people who were close to him and I feel for their loss.

I'm still working on not being a big baby everyday because of Grandpa. Some days are much better than others.

Someone slipped crack into my ginger ale tonight because I just got done cleaning the freakin bathroom! Though I am a little irritated that my cousin says the only thing we can use on the tile is vinegar and water to clean it. He says that anything else will ruin the grout. I want a second opinion. Do you know how shitty it is to have to scrub each and every single individual tile to get the yuck off? I'm going to talk to my mom and see if she can call someone else and see what they say. Isn't that why they make Tilex? To clean soap scum off tiles?

I don't know...all I know is that I had to work on my day off today. Only slightly bitching because my plan for today was to do laundry, clean the bathroom, kitchen, living room, and get the yard done. My friend needed the day off so I went to work. Made decent tips so it wasn't sooooo horrible. But tomorrow I'll have to do the rest of the housework and yardwork before work.

I'm begining to think I really am Cinderella lol all I need is a singing mouse. Oooo wait...I have a Gus mouse tattooed on my ankle...damn maybe I should have gone with something else lol

2 comments:

  1. We just got back from bowling. How freakin' bad is it that Taylor bowled a 109 & 104 and my highest score was a 92? *laughs*

    Sorry you are feeling like Cinderella. About the tile, as far as I know, there are plenty of cleaners that are safe for grout. You're right, that is what Tilex and the like are for. I wouldn't want to have to clean with vinegar.

    Happy sweet 16 to Katie. No matter what, you will always be her mother.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on having a 16 yr old!
    Yes you can use all kinds of tile cleaners, tilex or those little scrubbing bubbles or even "kaboom". Vinegar is just the "green" way to clean. My mom's tile is old and stained from her smoking, CLR worked wonders!
    Just remember Cinderella... there is a fairy godmother out there somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete