I think hell must have frozen over. No seriously, I think it has!
As you know I have a mother who is great, wonderful, overbearing, guilt trip laying, and a few assorted other choice phrases good and bad. One of the big bones of contention has been about my housekeeping ability.
The thing is...I am not the worst housekeeper out there. She is just never satisfied. NEVER!
When I lived with Mae's dad I cleaned the damned house every single day. I mean CLEANED the house. You know toilets, sinks, kitchen, living room, bedroom...THE WHOLE PLACE. Every single solitary day.
She came over one time and I had a box of diapers in the living room. My house to her was filthy! Yea like I said never satisfied.
When Grandpa was alive he didn't do anything. I did everything. Yes I let it get out of control but then enlisted the help of some friends for motivation and cleaned the place from top to bottom. Again there was something on the floor and the house was filthy. So filthy that she said it was the cause of my grandpa being depressed and how could anyone live like that.
Funny how spending all my time cleaning is never good enough. BUT today I think hell has frozen over!
She told me that I'm doing a good job on keeping the house clean. Then of course threw in how I have to do it every day even if I'm working a lot. I took today off and only cleaned the bathroom vanity. BUT she was talking to my friend who watches Mae here and she told my mom that I'm really really trying.
Sad how everyone else in the free world can see the effort I am putting forth on a daily basis but one thing out of place makes the house filthy to her.
So today my mom was proud of me...I really think hell has frozen over.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Should I celebrate hell freezing over? There's always going to be that one person in our lives who never seems satisfied, sorry it's your mom. Seems to me like you are working your butt off, so can I say I'm proud of you and will it help? *laughs*
ReplyDeleteSending you big hugs!