Friday, August 14, 2009

Phewwwwwww its been a long day! Our lunch date was great! So much better then the drinks we had a few weeks ago. When i told my mom we had a date, she was like i thought you werent going to see him again because of the bad drinks. Well hey i like the company of a nice guy as much as the next person. It turned out good.

It was funny Mae was all excited to go to lunch and then turned all shy! I dont get her sometimes lol but then i dont think i want to know the inner workings of a 3 yr olds mind lol.

Then we headed to the pool. We had a good time, though we had our share of accidents. Mae fell off the slide. Maaaaaan that was fun. I was standing toward the end of the slide and was half glancing back to the stairs. She made it up just fine. Some how she slipped and fell backwards. I was grabbing for her legs, her hair, her suit, i just wasnt able to get her. So bloop there she went. She got up and we dusted her off and she was fine. Scary for mama though.

I tell you what, i saw good parents and i saw bad parents. I really truly appreciate good parents. They are the ones, like me, who are trying to teach their kids manners, and social niceties. Other parents werent paying attention to their kids, their kids werent listening to the lifeguards, were the ones pushing other kids, and just plain ass being rude. I get that we were at the pool but when does that mean you dont watch your kids or discipline them?

I mean hell i was there trying to teach mae the joy of the line. Some kids were just shoving and pushing. I dont get why these big kids have to play in the area thats for littler kids. I mean if your big enough that your knees are out of this water then maybe your a bit big for the area. Then the one little girl who thought it was fun to sit at the top of the slide and order the other kids, putting her hands on them to make them go down, then later the same little girl telling my Mae that she had to get off the floating device, she wanted on. OH hell no! Where the hell was her mama so i could be like ya know shes big enough to wait her turn, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

We only spent a couple hours there because i couldnt deal with all the heathens. Yes i know mae will be one one day, but im hoping that i will have taught her better. That she wont be the pusher or the shover, but will be the one helping other kids.

Even though i may have bitched here, we had a really good day! So good that its now 5 and Mae is taking a nap lol. There was no way i was dealing with Mae after all this excitement and no nap. How do i know she needed a nap? I put her in bed, she screamed for less than a minute, i checked and shes passed out lol. Hey at least ill be sending a happy Mae to her daddys tonight lol.

Heres to Fridays.....ahhh i see refreshments in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment