Monday, August 24, 2009

Its begun! Another one is off to school to start her life. Oh what a day! Yes, i cried! No, i didnt cry in front of Mae or anyone. But i cried. My baby is now a little girl who is going out into the real world to be influenced, shaped, and molded by people who had better do a damn good job!

I did her first day of school right! I didnt sleep for crap last night. Not sure if it was because i was nervous, or i was just scared because i have to give my baby over to the teachers, who had better do a damn good job! Doesnt matter because i was up before the alarm.

I got up and ran Mae a bubble bath. A special treat for the first day of school. I dont give her many bubble baths because they can hurt her. But today was a special day, Bubble Bath it was. I even bought the bubble bath special yesterday for her. I know im stupid!

I went into her room singsonging Good morning MaeMae, its time to get up, first day of school, mama has a bubble bath for you. While she didnt quite spring up immediately, the smile i got when she sat up was worth it all.

I think she may have been a little dazed lol because it took her a minute or 5 to get into the swing of bathtime lol. AND even told me she had to get out to go poopoo. She didnt go, but hey she told me and im all for false alarms if they get us to our goal of being potty trained.

I would have done a special breakfast for her but they give them breakfast and lunch. One parent at orientation was all im not making my child wait till 830 to eat. I was like dang, what kind of child do you have? Mae gets up and doesnt eat right away. It takes anywhere from 30 minutes on up towards the 2 hour mark before she wants anything more than something to drink. I have no problem with her eating breakfast and lunch at school! Its all about being in public, social etiqutte along with just plain being able to be in a social setting.

We have done a good job, but were family. Theres a big difference between family and the outside. Im hoping she adjusts well. I think she will. It was neat seeing the kids all eating together. Its the kind of socialization that they need to get a good start at life.

Its never a good thing to be low income or flat broke, but the one good thing about it is qualifying for headstart. Headstart preschool is a great thing! Im hoping that Mae really takes to the structure and can learn a few things. She will have 2 years of headstart and then on to kindergarten. God, 2 years isnt that long at all.

I love that girl so very much. She needs a break from me as much as i need breaks from her. This is one of those times that i can feel absolutely comfortable where she is at. I know that this is one of those places that will take as good care of her as i do. Maybe that feeling in my chest isnt just tears, but pressure being released. This is the begining for Mae and im glad that it was shared with my grandpa.

I made him stay home last night so he could take her to the first day of school. My grandpa has seen my childrens first days of school and that in itself was special.

Its been a big day here and its not even 10 yet.

Heres to all the new beginings.

4 comments:

  1. It takes a special parent to shed tears on the first day, hell, I dropped mine off this morning (they are 13 and 16) and I still shed a few tears as I pulled away. It's very hard to let them go into the world, when we want to protect them every second of the day. But, we know that they have to learn certain things on their own. We just hope and pray we've taught them enough to make us proud!! Mae will do great!! Then come home like a chatter box telling you every moment. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on that. Yesterday was the babys first day too, but at kindergarten.

    But first day was more sheer nervousness and fear. Today was my temper tantrum day though because she didnt need me anymore:( She usually clings so close to me unless she is in trouble. But 2 days now she has had someone who can take care of her in places I can't go:(

    I just kinda sulked away and sat and watched out the window, then curled up and cried. Then bit wolfy's head off because I felt useless. And imagine, she isnt even my biological child, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. and btw, our little one is one of the ones that wakes up starving, lol. And when I have to get her up at 6:30, and they wouldnt feed her until 8:00, there is no way she would survive that long without chewing a hole through the seats on the bus, lol. Alot of days first words out of her mouth is "I'm hungry" or a list of foods she wants

    But, if the bus got there in time, I know her, she'd eat breakfast there too. She is a hungry little bugger. Although the last 2 days she hasnt said she is hungry when she got home, even after not eating for 4 hours. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a child that wants food and diet coke first thing in the morning. There's no waiting for her. So, we just call her a Hobbit... she gets first breakfast at home and second breakfast at school.

    I think when they start school, you realize how fast time starts to fly and they aren't babies anymore.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete