Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yesterday, when noone told me they had lowered the sedation, I came out crying because grandpa was there! And people were like why did you think he wouldnt be blah blah lol.

Well today my cousin Mary Ellen came out crying....because he said her name. I grabbed her and gave her a real big hug and made a crack, yes i was joking, about see why i was like that yesterday.

Today I got there real early and when I went in my uncle was there and nurses. They were respiratory and a students(it wasnt horrible) and they were talking about getting dialysis going, and trying to wean him off the vent, and giving him meds.

One of the Dr's came in and said maybe in an hour we'll get the vent out.

(im leaving little things out so not to make this hugely long and keep me out of my bed lol)

Well the dialisys lady said they wouldnt take the vent off during the dialysis. The Dr came to talk to us and said they would be taking him off the vent and I told him what the DLady said and he went back and came back and said he's off!

Oooo I was soo glad that he came off the vent. Sometimes even though other treatment is working they don't come off the vent. I will be perfectly honest, I was preparing myself to have to vote for turning off the vent. That's how bad its been!

When we saw him first after the removal he wasn't real with it. Sedation, tired, procedures...who wouldn't be all there. Plus his throat was raw and all that good stuff. BUT he knew we were there. He was trying to say things. I told him don't worry about talking your throat is all goofy because you were on a tube.

He doesn't remember much, but he knew he was sick. He slept all day. We had moments where he was awake. And moments where we KNOW he was woke up when SHE was told not to wake him up! How do we know SHE (the girlfriend i bitch about even though he loves her) woke him up? Because I sat next to his bed QUIETLY for about 20 minutes before he woke up. My mom, my sister and I had a conversation in there QUIETLY and he didnt wake up. So Im sorry Im not buying him just happening to wake up! LET THE MAN REST we did, didnt want to but we did.

My cousin Jamie and wife Lori brought up dinner tonight..ooo it was nice to eat. But my body isnt happy with food today. I was fine until I put food in my body then my body rebelled. I havnt been eating but once a day and if my friend hadnt handed me the bottle of pop after she had a drink, i wouldnt have been drinking. Again its been bad.

Before I left though, the best thing happened. As i said i went back and sat quietly,watching wheel of fortune with Grandpa and then at 7 i turned it to his MMA fighting thats on spike. He woke up and looked at me. I told him hi and i had his tv shows on for him. He said he didnt think he wanted to watch them. I told him that was ok they were on if he wanted to. That time was when i told him he needed to squeeze his hand for the fluid. He said he would remember to squeeze it. I went back to the waiting room to tell them he was awake.

AND I DONT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT NOT GOING OUT TO GET ONE OF THEM RIGHT AWAY. I DONT CARE THAT I HOGGED AWAKE REAL GRANDPA TIME!!! I WONT AND NOONE CAN MAKE ME! PFFFFT

So my cousins bring up supper and we are sitting there talking about the drama with my grandpas girlfriend. she dumped herself out of her wheelchair/walker and we were going on about her always wanting him to drive her, how her family....i looke up and their are her daughters lol oooooops lol. Well they went to see him and said he was awake. It was close to 8 and i needed to get home to Mae.

So I went back to see grandpa again. I stopped and talked to the nurse for a minute and looked over and grandpa was squeezing his hand. I went in and told grandpa i was going home for the night but i would be back in the morning. I told him i loved him and bent down for a kiss and he returned the kiss. Told me he loved me too and wanted me to kiss Mae or something and to be careful going home.

As my facebook says I AM FUCKING ELATED!!!!!!

Please please please let it just keep getting better! Even if we have to stay on dialysis so what! The only thing we want to go along with this is for his legs to not hurt so he an walk around!!!

Ooooo it was a good day...except for my belly/butt rebelling against the onslaught of food.

I appreciate all my online/offline friends soooo very much. Now I just have to wait til Mae gets up and see how bruised her face is from a tumble off the tire swing at the park lol god i love that girl, god i love my grandpa ......and I made a promise to my grandpa that when he gets out we will be going to church. It wont kill me, but it will take a bit of getting used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment