I read and watch a ton of true crime. One of them that Ive been interested in and just got done rereading was about the West Memphis 3. 3 boys who were railroaded and convicted because they were into the wrong kind of music(my opinion). After seeing the documentaries and reading numerous book and articles about them today I got a shock.
I got online to check my email and it said they were released. I dont know them, Ive never written them, Ive only read about them and visited their website but I was whooping and hollering because they were finally freed!
Yes I agree with Jason that having to say they were guilty to get out was shitty and wrong and they should have just gotten a new trial. However he took Damien's life into consideration because the state of Arkansas was trying to put him to death and took the deal. The defense attorney was right on, in my opinon, that the state wouldnt have let them out if they thought they were guilty at this point.
But after all the publicity, all the public documents, all the appeals....and in the enlightened age of 2011(sarcasm) I agree that there is no way they could have retried these men because noone in their right mind could find them guilty and never should have!
Jesse's confession was so screwed up that he basically had to be lead by the hand to get to the right times and circumstances of the crime to get a confession. Worse yet is that he was denied legal counsel and add on top of that his mental capacity.
Ooo what a wonderful day for their families and friends! It may have taken nearly 20 years, but finally they are free and I hope that some day they are able to totally clear their names because I know I am not alone in my opinion of these men were railroaded and did not get a fair trial and now they finally can go home!
Many prayers were answered today and Im glad theirs was heard!
Friday, August 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like all that true crime stuff as well. I hate MSNBC, but I will watch it on Friday & Saturday because I love the "Lockup" shows.
ReplyDeleteOf course, you know Master has to harass me though. *laughs*
It is amazing and sad at the same time. A lot of time has passed and they have lost many many years...
ReplyDeleteHugs and peace..