Friday, November 19, 2010

Here I sit procrastinating again. I don't know why I get myself into these things. This time, again, I did it to myself. It always seems like a good idea at the time, and then the actual work begins.

This week two of my friends had birthdays. I am one broke bitch! Let me tell you what lol I am a broke girl. I'm so broke that I paid my car insurance ahead of time so next week I can give my mom more money then usual. Since I am broke, and can't afford gifts for my friends, I decided that I would give them a party.

Thankfully I was a smart girl and it will actually be a small dinner party. I only invited the birthday girls, the boyfriend of one of the girls, my mom, and the two little girls. My house is kind of little when it comes to getting a lot of people together and you have to be inside. Thankfully my one friend understood because I had to ask if she could leave her two older kids at home. Not that I didn't want them here, but we just don't have a place for them to eat at. With the new carpet in the living room, kids don't get to have anything in there.

So far today I've baked the cake, picked up the living room, cut the onions for the meatloaf, got the laundry together. I've been pretty busy. So now all I have to do is get the laundry downstairs, the bathroom cleaned, the meatloaf made, the cake decorated, and my mess cleaned up. That's just the stuff I have to do in the house lol. I have errands that I have to run today too.

Then since I will be out and about I'm going to go to the mall and get my sister's Christmas present. I have a Kay's card, I don't know why they gave me one lol. But I have one and I've been paying on it faithfully. So I have a lot of credit on that card. I think I may also buy myself something nice. Unless of course I decide to get two of the cheapo gifts and give them to the girls.

But I want something nice lol so maybe I'll have to buy all of us girls the cheapo diamond earrings.

Ok I guess I had better get my butt in gear lol. I love my friends, and I love parties, and I love food. Today will be a great day and if the food tastes like shit thats ok, I have 2 bottles of Moscato chilled in the fridge!

4 comments:

  1. You're SUCH a good friend that you go broke buying them presents. I always had friends who would get great presents from me, then my bday would roll around and all they'd have were excuses for why they couldn't buy me anything. No biggie--it's the thought that counts--but it was just one symptom of a bigger problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not broke from buying them presents, I'm just broke lol. Because I'm broke thats why I'm giving them a lil dinner party. BUT lol if the payment on my Kay's charge doesn't go up I was thinking of buying them a pair of $20 earrings lol. I'm hoping to post a picture later of the cake I made for them, but it is the thought that counts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending time with friends is better than "presents". Having a meal with cake, even better. Sitting around laughing and talking! Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a good time! The only thing is lol next time i must buy 4 bottels of Moscato lol

    ReplyDelete