Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Eve...A Long One

She is her mother's daughter lol. Mae partied like it was 1999! We had a great NYE party, even though Mae came away with battle scars. Not that battle scars from parties are something new to the majority of the party lol. This blog may jump around a bit, just letting you know lol.

Mae ended up with a very strange looking rug burn on her face(This was at the party). It's almost a perfect circle. I have no idea how exactly she got it. But all I can think is..It's all fun and games till someone pokes an eye out. My friend's kids "rough house". They have been rough housing since they were littler then Mae. This is obviously all new to Mae and great fun. So much fun that she joined in and has the battle wounds to prove it. After I call the kids dad to tell him to not freak out, not 5 minutes after I was calling him again. The minute I got off the phone with him(this was NY Day morning)

I had to call him right back. I just bought her a slinkyish scarf because my friend's daughter had one and well Mae wanted one lol. Well as she was running out the door...BANG..right into the friggin door. GREAT!! Just what we need more bruises. THEN THEN THEN!!!! Not 45 seconds later as she tears out of the room...she hits the patch of whatever their computer chair sits on and SLAMS straight into the corner of the fucking computer desk.

I had to call him again! Ya know isn't it just my luck that the one time I decide to have more than a couple drinks with Mae, she wants to kill herself. Luckily for me the bruise to the face happened early in the evening and then the morning brought new slams and crashes lol. This is why I don't have more than a drink or two at dinner out with Mae. She is just a handful!

Did I mention that we did a family style NYE Party? Probably not, but that's what we did. We had my friend's 2 kids there, Mae was there, my friend's mom was there, and unfortunately the ex was there; later another friend stopped over right before midnight. I thought it was pretty cool that he chose to ring it in with us.

We got there at the time I said we would and there wasn't anyone home. I was like ahh man and Mae was ready to get out and party. All day long I had been telling her we were going to a party. We were going to dance and have fun. She was ready! I made a phone call and was like um where's everyone at. I had been told someone would definitly be there at 6, it was 6 noone there lol. I unloaded the car, my god its a chore packing for overnight lol, and Mae and I sat in the car waiting.

It was a great party! My friend's had picked up party favors for the kids, kiddie champagne, happy new year glow tiaras, and we had FOOD! I made a HUGE crockpot full of hamburger cheese dip with salsa in it. We managed to eat half of it that night and they killed it the next lol. We had bbq lil smokies, pizza, and of course we had Corona and hidden in the snowbank a bottle!

My girlfriend T's mom doesn't drink. She's on medication, diabetic, had heart surgery; basically she's been falling apart since like 1984. BUT she drank almost 3 lil glasses of Corona with all of us. We got her, she's not a small woman and has a hard time standing for awhile, up and playing darts with us. It was great! We went to take a smoke break and a dart break, when we came up my friend's mom was still playing darts! I have the pictures to prove it! We think she may have been feeling it the next day because she was kind of snippy with my friend when she called lol.

The kids were drinker drinkers! Man if the adults would have been hitting it like those kids, it wouldn't have been pretty. Mae had to have a lime in her "champagne" and went around "Cheersing" people. We had music going and we did some house dancing. Then of course Mae was trying to get everyone to dance with her.

To be perfectly honest, it was really really strange for me. I truly do not drink with Mae around. I will have at most 2 drinks at a dinner out. Even at my mom's house I limit it. I just don't do it. Many reasons and I'm proud to say that I didn't get anywhere near what a normal weekend party tends to be. I maintained control of myself, still had a great time, just didn't have a huge amount of alcohol. Which is a great thing in itself, but is probably what saved my ex from getting his ass whupped by me!

Nobody was driving home that night. It just wasn't happening. We did decide that we wanted to go across the street basically and have at least one drink. We had been with the kids all night and by about 1 it was a good time to go. My friend's(guy K and girl T are both my friends but they are my friends seperate from their relationship which I facilitated and which produced the girl C lol) kids (friend T's) A who is 14 and C who is 11 were going to keep an eye on Mae while we went and came back quick.

A is Mae's buddy. That's her friend, her pal, I kind of think he's like a brother to her in her eyes. She adores him. Hell ask the kid's dad lol he's heard A tales lol. He is capable of keeping an eye on Mae because he does it at my house with his mom. A was going to keep an eye on Mae and we would be back. It was 1 am we weren't going out at 6 lol. The EX decided to throw a fucking fit. For some reason his drunk ass ASSUMED that he was watching ALL the kids. He doesn't watch the kids. The kids are old enough to watch themselves. Mae is the only one who isn't. I don't take Mae over there often because I'm over there mostly on the weekend lol. AND I would never EVER EVER ask my Ex to keep an eye on my kid. It's not ever happening.

He was being all drunk and saying stupid shit and I lost it. I have been putting up with his ass for a couple months now. I never should have tried to be nice to him and include him in our party fun. Now I'm not going to say another word to his ass, unless there is no way out of it. I was uncomfortable in my friends home. I didn't know if I could trust Mae to be there. In the end the kids did stay home, but we were gone for one drink and we came back. We weren't going to the bar to be at the bar. We went to do something adults only for a minute. Anyways I'm irritating myself just thinking about it again lol. *this may become a bash Ex blog lol

Earlier in the night I told a story about not turning Freebird. It was only a story, it wasn't something I asked for or expected. It was just a freaking half joke. The story I told was funny. 18 yr old Girl at work turns Freebird on me, I say woah you don't turn Freebird, Girl says Whats a Freebird, I school her in not turning Freebird and that its just one of those songs lol. The song is so damn long though lol that I was like look you can turn it now. We both dont like Justin Bieber and when she turned Freebird that kid was on lol. It was a funny story, and it was just that. Well after we got back from the bar the Ex, deliberatly, plays Freebird and announces in his drunk ass voice.... By order of Heather this can not be changed...blah blah. OMG I held my tongue. I did not say a word, I made myself just enjoy the song...Even though I wasn't in a Freebird mood and would have never played that.

Sleeping arrangements brought out another fucking issue with the Ex. He is the roommate at my friend's house. He has one of the bedrooms and my friend sleeps in the living room. C has her own room. Mae was not going to go to bed quietly lol it just wasn't going to happen. We figured out the best way to do it was to have C sleep in her bed and Mae and A be on the floor on the pile of blankets. Mae had 3 of her own blankets on top of her and A had his own blankets and they shared one big comforter. There was NOTHING wrong with that. Nothing sick, perverted or unhealthy. Unless your a drunk asshole! The Ex looked at A and said i didnt know you were that kind of freak.

WTF!!! A is a good boy. C is a good girl. Mae is a terror lol. BUT they are all kids. I have known both of my friend since freshman year in highschool's kids since before birth! I have been around these kids their whole lives. There has NEVER been ANYTHING that could ever be said about these kids that you wouldn't have said about your own! I had to grab T and go to the smoking lounge! Well after the next part! The Ex is also like A you can sleep upstairs in my room if you want instead of with all the girls. LIKE THATS ANY LESS CREEPY!!! Drunk or not...it makes me wonder! It makes me glad that Katie was never alone with him. My Ex has issues in his family. My friend's and my family DONT! Even drunk why would you say that shit. Why would you say that shit with all the parents there.

Why would you want to turn something that was innocent into something to be questioned and seen as possibly dirty? I held my tongue. I went and smoked, and decided I wasnt speaking to him again. He has issues with me. ALOT OF ISSUES! I never should have tried to include him, I never should have tried to be friendly. I don't know why he does, but I do know that after 14+ years if your not over it, the problem is not mine!!!

THE BEST part of the evening though was what I had planned as a suprise. Oh it turned out better then I thought lol. My Uncle bought me a bottle of Ketel One vodka. Woo happy new year me! Well since I had Mae I wasn't going to break it out til later at night. That way I wouldn't drink it like a Maefree night. So I figured I'd wait til like 11pm to bring it out. I would go outside and come back with drinks and be like look what I found outside. Well we were down in the smoking lounge and K was like we need a drink. Something different then the Corona we had. Well most of the night we had been fucking with him and he knew there was a surprise secret. Ohh he wanted to know what it was.

So were sitting downstairs and I tell him, well if you go outside and the passenger side front bumper is a snowbank. In that snowbank is a bottle. Go out and get it. He wouldn't do it! He really thought I was lying lol. He didn't want to get Ha Ha'd. T and I were laughing so hard. He tried to get A to go outside. Seriously it was in the negative numbers...the kiddos weren't going out lol. Finally I got up and said ok and went to get it. I came back in the house and A goes, that was really in the snowbank. I was like yea..I'm not the liar lol why did you think I was lol.

Maaaan K was floored. He really truly thought I was screwing with him lol. It was a great laugh and it guarentees that I get to Ha Ha him since he accused me of it lol. I have hidden things in strange places before, and he couldn't find the spots lol. I don't know why he would think I was kidding lol. He hadn't ever had KO before and hadn't heard of it. He liked it though lol. We were really good too. I have like half a bottle left if not a tick more. That was 3 people having drinks off it. I'm telling you we were good!

At 11 we did the Eastern Ball drop. Had our party hats on, and sprayed the confetti everywhere lol. Kissed my Mae and clinked glasses. We danced some more. Ate some more lol. Drank a lil bit more.It was 3 am by the time we all went to bed. We had the kids laying down and Mae was the one still trying to party lol. Finally K, who was sleeping on the floor with T; and me on a sleeping bag next to them in the living room, got up and had to TELL Mae to go to bed because it was almost 3 am lol.

Ohh it was a good party. Then in the morning, before during and after the bumps lol, we had french toast, bacon, the adults had mimosa's. Mae was up just before 9 and everyone was up by 930. We made it home about 2 and by 230 Mae was passed back out in bed lol. That girl had a big night.

Hope that everyone had as great a time as I did with family for the ringing in of the new year.

*Sorry it was so long lol it was a big Party lol

1 comment:

  1. Damn...only you could be at a party like that. *laughs*

    I hope 2010 is very good to you and the Mae.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete