Looking out my window this morning, my gripe was that I had to brush my car off. Then my gripe turned into...WTF!!
Looking out my window this morning, it looked like any other winter day. Cold and grey.
Bundled Mae up and threw my flip flops on for the 40 second drive to school.
Pulled up as two other parents pulled up.
Walked down the hall talking and ready to drop off kids. The Custodian stops us.
Didn't you see the news?
Hell no, why would I watch the news this morning. Nothing outside indicated to me that the weather was anything other than Iowa in January.
2 hour school delay! Ohhh joy! 2 hours for Mae means no school.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried to send their kid to school today. As we walked out the door another mom was pulling up.
Let me tell you, I wish I had a video camera then because it would be nice to show these kids later that they cried when school wasn't happening lol.
Heres to the fog clearing up, whereever it is!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hate that. We haven't gotten hardly any snow here the past few years, so at the slightest flurry, they shut everything down. When I was a kid we never got off for some of the "snow days" these kids get.
ReplyDeleteI know, I remember standing out in below zero temperatures waiting for the bus. I guess we were made of sterner stuff then they are now!
ReplyDelete