Once again I sit here blogging instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing lol. I am just not ready to start cooking.
I woke up at 3 am and was up for awhile. Then before I fell asleep I had to text my mom more stuff to bring to the house. I really think I must be insane for throwing a party lol.
But I have the bestest friends in the world. My cousin is going to bring something sweet, I think. One friend is loaning me a cd player. Another friend is bringing the candy for the pinata. Another is bringing pretzels and going in on a bottle of tequila for the margaritas. My other friend is coming over to help me cook. My mom is cooking and helping me set up.
I have a lot of help and I need to learn how to say thank you and not feel guilty about letting people help. I mean it's my party right? I set it up and invited people isn't it my responsibility to make sure I get the stuff? It's called help and I should just say thank you and express that I'm greatful not that I can do it, it's ok. My friends rock!
The weather is something I totally didn't take into account when I decided to do an outdoor party. Every year it's shit weather on this weekend. It's because Cattle Congress is going on. That means cold, windy, wet weather. For part of the day! I'm hoping that it's nice for my party. I'm not asking for extremes just something everyone can say it's not too bad out here, Ya know?
But mom is going to rent an outdoor heater thing and there is my birthday present...the fire pit! It won't be all that warm like a fire ring on the ground, but it will be nice!
Mom forgot to order my cake yesterday. As I type this I'm calling her to find out if she actually remembered to order it. The cake is very important to me! LOL cake is my thing I want one lol. She didn't answer the phone sooooo we will see!
Ok time to have a bite to eat and then procrastinate a little more, THEN to the cooking!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you had a great party. I will email you the link to make your blog background all prettified. It's really easy. They give you good instructions.
ReplyDelete*hugs*