Let's talk something pleasant now that I've gotten all the crap out of the way!
Last week Mae started her 2nd year of headstart and is now in the preschool program I guess is how it's termed.
Ahhh I am soo happy that she is back in school lol. It gives both of us a break from each other, she gets to make new friends, learn to deal with getting a new set of teachers, and she should be learning!
She was sooo excited to go to school. She got out of the car and ran inside and was just happy as could be!
This year I can tell is already different. Last year she wouldn't tell me what they did during the day. This time though...ooo it was great! She told me what was for lunch, and who her teachers were, and even sang me the song they are learning!
It's hard to believe that next year will begin the real school and everything she has learned in her 2 years of headstart will start to show up. I'm glad that she can go and get this great opportunity to get a bit of a headstart on her education. I know that headstart is a great program and it really does give these kids an advantage when they get to regular school.
Tomorrow is her first day off and her teachers will be coming here for a home visit. Then she has school on Friday and then we are off to the lake to celebrate!
We are celebrating mom and dad's anniversary, Katie's 16th birthday, and will be enjoying the new baby nephew.
It's been a hard year for us, but we are still going. We have trouble staying going, and not wallowing, but we are doing it the best we can.
I just hope Grandpa decided to take a peek at us on the first day of school instead of visiting with all those in heaven with him. Because he would be so proud of his girl! There is a picture I took of Mae on her way into school and she has her hand out...it makes me think that maybe just maybe there was a little bit of Grandpa with her on the way into school.
Ahhhhh sweet sweet memories!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment