Friday, September 25, 2009

Its been a long 24 hours. I spent most of it puking. The rest i spent trying to sleep, trying to corral the Mae, and trying to not kill anyone in my way.

I had to leave the house 4 times today and all i wanted to do was crawl in a hole and die.

About 530ish this am i was at the gas station for gatorade and apple juice. I was dying of thirst. I hadnt been able to keep anything in my system. I was tired of being thirsty. I was tired of throwing up. But thirst won out.

Its pretty pathetic when you find a bag of ice in the freezer thats probably a year old if not older and you smash it just to get a couple pieces of ice to suck on. Its even worse when you pass back out after sucking one and wake up to a melted bowl of ice and slurp it down. Pathetic! But that was me!

So i put my big girl panties on and braved the rain to get liquid and to slurp it and pray to not heave to bad. It wasnt fun!

Then i woke up AGAIN, did i mention i was up every hour to two hours to either puke, shit, or both? I was up and this time i was really really achy. Well as achy as i went to bed. Mom had the best idea. Acetaminaphen suppositorys! Ooooo there is nothing like sticking something up your ass to really set the mood for the day! But it made it so i could sleep. Thank god Mae wasnt too bad in the morning. I dont know if i didnt hear her with granpa because she was being good or i was just so exhausted i passed straight out.

Then i had to go pick my car up. Ya know...seriously...all i wanted was to sit down and not hear Mae going Mama Mama MAMA! She wasnt bad, it was all me being sick, but man she was grating on my nerves.

Then last but not least i had to drop her at the assholes. You know i dont drop her off and go up. But tonight we were a little early and i had to park down the street. So i walked her into the apartment complex.

Im standing there looking like shit, feeling like shit, Mae clinging to me, and im all like look. Im sorry shes dirty, im sorry her hair isnt brushed, ive been sick blah blah. I dont send Mae to him looking like a scuzzball...its bad enough i see her like that on Sundays. So the asshole asks about her flu shot. Im telling you im out of my mind with exhaustion and not feeling good and im supposed to remember if she has had a flu shot? The asshole looks at me like im the worst mother and tells me i should know. Um hello...im sick im tired, im miserable. I dont remember I dont know and to be honest at that moment i could care less!!

So i get home and im rehashing the drop off and im like whoa wait just a minute. Flu shots you dont get right away. You have to get them in like October. They try to get you to wait a little bit because it will last longer the later you get it. So obviously im going to get her one.

BUT right now im a little more concerned about getting myself well so i can work tomorrow. Hell it was a nightmare trying to find someone to cover my shift tonight. Id have gone in, but i wouldnt have been any good for anyone. Hell last night i wasnt any good. Tomorrow ill be better and be able to deal.

Heres to getting better and not ripping people a new asshole even if they deserve it. Oh and to losing 6 pounds from puking!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so not really the way to diet but I guess you could look at that as the silver lining. Maybe?

    I really hope you feel better soon. Fortunately, I'm not sick...yet and I hope it stays that way. Taylor and The Man are enough to handle without my getting sick on top of it.

    I'm sending you feeling better karma...get well soon!

    *big freakin' hugs* (with a mask on)

    ReplyDelete