OoOoOoOoOoOoOhhhhhh my tummy hurts just thinking about it. It's Halloween. The time of year that adults get to eat all kinds of good chocolate without having to buy it. The time of year where kids all over the country are going I swear to gaawwd that I had (insert name of good candy here) when I went to bed last night, what happened to it? As parents all over wipe their mouth a lil more, tuck in the wrapper behind them on the chair and just smile and say I dunno lol.
Mae will end up with 3 bags of candy this year. I'm taking her to a church down the roads trunk or treat and then tomorrow night is trick or treating. Tonight we brought home a little goody bag from a party we went to.
My cousin and his family moved 2 months ago and they had their housewarming/halloween party tonight. WE HAD A BLAST! His wife had bought these halloween stickers and blank bags at hobby lobby for 40% off and we decorated bags. She sent them home with a goody bag of candy, pencils, suckers, and a cup. I know there are snickers in that bag lol I swear I think she made them up for the adults.
It was a nice time, though it was work. When I was a child, and I mean like Mae's age, just a little older I saw my cousin all the time. His grandma used to babysit me. But after we got older we only saw each other at family stuff. Now as adults you have to work to have a relationship. Facebook is a wonderful thing for helping relationships. Though we know it works the other way too. But I don't know his wife, or even his kids. I know who they are, I can look at a picture and tell you who it is, but I don't know them. So I had to make an effort to talk to his wife and my cousins daughter in law. All people who I like and are very pleasant, but its still work to try to engage people when you dont really know each other than to say hey this is my family.
BUT i had a good time, it was worth the effort, and I got to talk to my Aunt and let her know that I'll be going to church tomorrow. Ive been out of town the last 3 weeks and havn't gone. And I left her a message letting her know that i wasnt going to be able to go til this weekend and good thing i said something because she thought i was going out tonight. LOL i wish i was out and about but truth is...the no alcohol party was not a bad thing.
Anyways....happy halloween, i'm off to raid the candy!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you had a good time. And you are right, it takes a huge effort to maintain relationships with extended family. I have 2 cousins on my FB page, the rest of them, I wouldn't know them if I saw them on the street. That's pretty sad, but that is also their choice. They can never make it to funerals, weddings or reunions.
ReplyDelete