Friday, October 8, 2010

First! What the hell is going on with blogger? I want my side bars back that seperated everything. I don't like the way it looks today!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Iowa! Was the perfect weather to go to THE PUMPKIN FARM!!! Insert several loud Mae squeals here lol.

Yesterday was field trip day and I went along as a parent volunteer. Teared up while we were there because we went with Grandpa last year. But I held it together and we had a wonderful time.

The kids jumped in the bouncy houses and maaaaaaaaaaan I am sooooo glad I never became a teacher. The amount of energy in those kids was SCARY!

We all went on a hay ride and I took pictures of me and Mae. Some were good some were bad, and eventually they will all make it onto facebook.

We did the haunted corn maze and a couple of the displays freaked Mae out. Bad mama Bad mama...i was glad to see she could be freaked out. Sometimes that girl just isnt right lol. So it was good to see her react appropriately.

The guy turned on the tame haunted house, minus the sound effects and kept the lights on. We went through that and it was me Mae and the boy set of twins in her class. We looked at the stuff and I said stuff about it and we had a good time. Even the lil boys were scared of a couple things. Good to know that our kids arent completly jaded at 4 years old.

Then it was off to the animals and then THE PUMPKINATOR!! Thats where they shoot the pumpkins. I made sure to ask about that when we first got there. Cuz come on thats just cool watching them shoot pumpkins lol. Miss Crystal the either young teacher or teacher aide or in training...Im not sure what she is, anyways she was volunteered to be the puller of the pumpkinator. We cheered her on, we counted down. And then BAAAAM she hit the old van with the pumpkin! The kids loved it! They then shot off a pumpkin into the air and we lost it and couldnt see where it landed.

The kids all got a pumpkin. Mae has all but been demanding that her mother buy her a pumpkin! I told her at the end of the month we would get one. So shes happy with her pumpkin.

It was a great thursday with Mae's class.

1 comment:

  1. I really miss those days! Sounds like everyone had fun!

    ReplyDelete