So I'm still alive and kicking. Just havn't been at home for what seems like forever. In reality I think it's been like 2 weeks or so. They are redoing lots of things in the house.
Staying at my mom's house and in hotels has really taken a toll. I havn't stopped being real emotional and the upheaval isn't helping any.
It's hard to try to blog at my mom's because there isn't any privacy to just sit down and let go.
Though there has been some changes on the search for a home. My mom and dad had a talk. And the end result is that WE ARE KEEPING THE HOUSE! My mom is going to take her money, her house equity, and my share of the inheritance and we are going to stay here.
Though there are some catches, they are catches that I can live with. There are some people out there who frown upon living with relatives as an adult. In my world however, it seems the most natural thing to stay living with my family. I think I get it from my granpa. The wanting to always be close.
My mom joked to my dad that I wanted to stay with my parents. Well it's not a joke. I want to live with my family. I want to be close. I don't want my own home, at least not now. The good part is I don't have to be really really worried about the job situation, but I still have to be worried. I'm still looking for work.
I will be paying my way here a bit more than when Grandpa was alive. But that's ok, Grandpa wouldn't take more of the little money I had. I never wasn't willing to give up money for staying with him.
So now there will be budgets made and the catches. Mom and dad will be staying here in town at the house during the week sometimes. So I will and won't be living alone with Mae.
I really don't know if I'm happy or sad about the new deal. But I am happy that we aren't selling the house.
Though I am ready to be back home. I don't know how many more days or weeks it will be til it's finished. I do know that I don't have to uproot Mae and if later on we want to sell the house I will have money from it.
So like I said I'm alive and kicking, just a bit displaced. I've been keeping up with blogs, but maybe I'll be able to get back to blogging soon. Hotel tonight here I come...why I'm not sure, but I guess I'm staying there tonight lol.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment