Ok, one more getting it out blog and then I'm going to bed. The plant my dad worked at closed and he took a job with this other plant. Working 2nd shift, and Saturdays. My dad worked Monday through Friday 1st shift. Overtime gave him Saturdays.
15 years of this. All nights, weekends, major holidays spent together. Now they aren't together as much and my mom is lonely. She isn't used to being home alone. She said the first week she was hearing noises. SIGH!
The last two weekends I've gone to her house on Saturday, because she was LONELY. Good daughter that I am, hungover a bit lol, I made the hour drive. Called the kid's dad and told him it would be the later time for picking her up. Went down and watched movies and drank some beer with mom.
The next Saturday comes, she's lonely. This time though she adds some passive aggressive shit to the mix when I was trying to not go. Again... I may have been a little hungover. It was Saturday after all and the night before was PARTYerr Friday lol. She starts in on I need to be a big girl, suck it up, blah blah. I'll be there by 5 mom.
That woman called me a bunch of times before I left. My friend bough a 6 pack for her, which I have to get him the cash lol. She wanted pie, She wanted to know where I was, She wanted to know where I was again. Seriously, I was tired before I went down there lol.
BUT I am a good daughter! After some bitching to my friend about having to go lol I got on the road. I even stopped and picked up goodies for us on top of the pie.
Mom even facebooked that I had brought treats lol. I took the garlic rye chips from the Gardettos. Yay for bags of just those. And an apple fritter from Caseys. She was happy. I took some movies along.
Man sleep watching movies is hereditary lol.
It wasn't a bad weekend, it just really sucked that I had to do that driving when I really just wanted to stay home. I don't mind going and visiting my mom, but we can only get along for so long. I don't want to spend so much time with her that it ends up with a massive fight because we've over done our stay with each other.
WELLLLL now my Friday night is about to be invaded, possibly. All depending on the weather determines who I'm partying with on Friday. Mom lives an hour out of town and sucks at driving in bad weather. We are supposed to get some bad weather tomorrow, maybe. Well she asked, in her way, but more kinda suggested and told me that I should agree to her plan.
Ok so I'm all about following orders from the Person. But maaaan, I have a very hard time just taking it with my mom lol. Though for the most part it really is easier to just suck it up and do it, because it's a pretty good bet that I'll have a good time. THOUGH it would be nice to actually have a choice not just a pretend one lol.
Anyways, Friday night is my night with the boys! Pretty much every Friday except holidays, excluding NYE, we hang out for at least a drink. Well this Friday with it possibly being bad, I'm now hanging with my mom. Trying to convince her to go to the bar we go to, stopping at my friends house, and just going with our flow.
I don't see it happening! She wants to go see a band. She has a hotel room for us. I don't have a problem partying with my mom. I just really don't want to go to the bar with the bands. They aren't my kind of bar. And if I'm going to go to them, I want to be able to at least look like I gave a shit when I left the house. Remember I'll be stinking like a sandwhich and my hair will be shit after being in a pony and hat!
Yea I change my shirt and perfume it up, but you still get that underlying scent lol.
Yes I will have fun! But damn, please please let my mom let it down enough that we can go do my Friday night lol. I'm scared lol this could all blow up. Usually she only is this nice to me when her n my sister are fighting. At least that's how I see it. Which is probably skewed. I admit that, but IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT!!!
I have a ritual, I like my ritual, I like hanging with my friends. Creature of habit, but please dear god don't let my mom become a habit!!!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, I'm going to try and catch up now. I think I'm finally 100% in the land of the living.
ReplyDelete*hugs*