Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tamales! Ohhh how i love tamales! Heck when John was getting over being sick i wanted tamales so we had mexican, poor guy! Then we went for lunch with mom yesterday and i had to take a tamale home.

Well John had hoped that the pool would be open at his house by next weekend, and had invited us to go swimming. Looks like it wont be and thats ok because the weather is crazy. He texted me a bit ago asking if i wanted to have lunch on Saturday and he would cook.

Last man i was with who cooked i swear i gained literally 80 lbs! This man likes to eat and cook! I texted him back that anything without coconut and raw onion was fine by me. I get a text back saying how about tamales?

*jaw hits floor* IS HE FREAKING INSANE!! I understand that he has been enjoying the tamales and he has seen me enjoying the tamales, and hes definitly seen mae enjoy my and her tamales lol. I texted him back that if they were from a restraunt sure lol do you know how much work they are? i dont want you to go to a lot of trouble.

OMFG tamales are WORK, PREPERATION, PLANNING, and um WORK!! It can take 2 days to make them. You have to make the meat and shred it. You have to soak the corn husks. You have to make the masa. You have to spread the masa on the corn husk, fill it with meat and then roll it up. Then you steam them bad boys.

Now typing it it may not seem like a lot of work, but ive read the how tos on it! I havnt even attempted to make them and im all up for trying new things! I wonder if i should then offer to help him make them? I probably should, but i dont really wanna cuz i can see me throwing a steam pot out the damn window without it being opened from the sheer frustration of spreading and rolling!

Ohhh dear lord! Why couldnt he have said hey lets just grill out lol...the continuing saga in the dating world lol

No comments:

Post a Comment