My life has been really really good lately. Ok so as good as it gets for me being really really good. As usual the only HUGE problem is Mae. She still has the pica, still has the adhd, and now has taken to taking BIG knives into her room. Why? We don't know but I'm betting I wake up one of these days from searing agonizing pain because she is trying to kill us! That's just my bet.
BUT what really pisses me off and I am still pissed off about goes back to the kids dad! Over a year ago, possibly going on 2 years ago I asked him what kind of problems his other two kids had and please find out. He threw a fit and wouldn't do it. THEN threw an even bigger fit when I told him I had contacted the mothers of these kids to find out. He in turn told them NOT TO GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION. I am pissed off! I wasn't rude to these other two women, I was merely asking for information!
As we all know the kids dad is notorious for not being on the up and up all the time! My mom today said maybe you should ask DJ and I said I did blah blah blah and this is what happened blah blah blah.
So my mother is going to call him today. If the phone numbers we have are right for him. This is how much he matters in our lives...we don't even know if the phone numbers we have for him are correct. I sent him an email months ago outlining the way for him to see his child. He still chooses to smoke and drink over spending the money on hiring a taxi to ferry him and his daughter. NOT MY PROBLEM!
Told my mom if he tries to say anything about not seeing her then he should refer back to my email. BUT knowing him convieniently he wont have gotten that email. Whatever!
My kid has some issues that none of the other kids in the family have! Which leads us to believe that parts of these issues come from her other half of dna.
Let's see if the kids dad does the right thing or turns this into something about him and not about the person its really about!
Please dear god help us help Mae! I pray that at church everytime I go and I'm hoping for some kind of help soon!
My dad though today is cutting the bottom of her door off so we can use the alarm. She knows what the alarm is and doesn't want it. But I'm tired of her not staying in bed, in her room, taking things she shouldnt, hiding them, lying about them. Mae has issues! Thank god she has lots of good sweet things about her or else we would have bigger problems!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. I'll be praying for you...and for Mae.
ReplyDeleteSending many prayers your way. I've heard about pica but don't understand pica, I will have to read up on it so I can understand it better. The knives thing, very scary, I'd be locking them all up in a drawer so she can't get to them. Why can't life be easier? Will be praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what kind of insurance you have for Mae, but a definite trip to the child psychologist is a must.
ReplyDeleteMy grandson is autistic with ADHD. We do have him on medication during school season but stop during the summer. We've seen some definite improvement in the ADHD part.
Unfortunately, sometimes these types of mental "illnesses" can run in families. I know. My mom has some issues that we are now seeing in my oldest daughter...they are depressive type issues.
I hope you get the answers/help you need. We put alarms on all the doors leading outside in our house because Taylor sometimes likes to wander at night.
Wishing you some peace of heart and know that I'm here for you if you need.
You are such a good mother, knowing Mae has issues and you are working on making life easier for all involved. Research is the key and your ex is a total ass for telling those women not to tell you anything. Sometimes medication isn't always the answer and learning how others are able to cope can be very helpful. We've learned with his boy, this Abilify pill does absolutely nothing for him. After 5 months of taking it, we finally stopped him. He might as well have been drinking a glass of water to get the same effect!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Mae and will keep adding you to my prayers!
Hugggssss