I think i may have a permanent dent in my forhead and my brother probably will need knee replacement surgery after dinner on Saturday. The restraunt must have known to buy really sturdy tables because my big ol noggin hit the table several times lol.
There isnt any way to prepare a person for meeting my mom. She is full of questions and wants answers and expects things to be a certain way. I also find that when she is meeting someone for the first time its the safe bet for me to not say anything and just let it progress.
While we were sitting and i was talking to my brother and sister in law i started hearing some of the things that my mom was asking. That was when i started beating on my brothers knee. Then i ended up with my head on the table and more knee hitting.
I dont even remember what i heard at this point but i heard enough to make me want to cringe. My brother was laughing and was talking to John about i dont know, i was just happy it was going well.
Mae though i think was a little intimadted by John. He is tall and also a big guy. At 3 years old and 3 feet tall id be intimadated too lol.
Dinner went well and we all had a really nice dinner. Thank god for the Loco drink lol, 4 rums to help calm the nerves lol. I think that the coincidence of all 3 of them being born on the same day helped the situation. They had something to talk about other then who what and why, they all had cards, and i made sure mom and John had cake. Im a good girl!
I dont remember at what part of the night i asked this but i did ask mom if Mae could be around him. She said yes! Ohhhh i was relieved, and this was before all the bullshit drama with the kids dad, now we can do things during the day, helps move the relationship further lol. I made sure to ask mom the next day too if that was still her opinion and it was.
Sooooooo now John is going to meet us at the circus on Tuesday. I dont know if thats too fast for jumping in and doing things with Mae, but i think it will be a fun thing to start off with Mae.
Bring on Tuesday!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment